Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE @ Point Depot, 20th April photos etc

• 21-04-2005 1:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭

Well that was fun... apart from some ****er stealing my jacket.

They announced a 30,000 seat open air show for mid-june in the RDS. Nothing on ticketmaster or aikenpromotions website about it yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭pete

more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭pete

pete wrote:
    They announced a 30,000 seat open air show for mid-june in the RDS. Nothing on ticketmaster or aikenpromotions website about it yet.
    Duhhh then brainiac checks wwe.com
    WWE SMACKDOWN! PRESENTS SUMMER BASH TOUR
    Date: 06/18/2005
    Time: 8:00 p.m.
    Venue: RDS Stadium

On-Sale Date: Friday, April 29th

Ticket Information: Box Office, All Ticketmaster Outlets, www.ticketmaster.ie
    Ticket Prices: TBD
    Charge-by-Phone: 0818 719 300

Event Notes: Catch all the action and all the excitement of World Wrestling Entertainment when it makes its way to IRELAND!!! The following Superstars are scheduled to appear at RDS Stadium under the night sky!!!

Undertaker, John Cena, JBL, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Torrie Wilson, Rene Dupree, The Bashams, Orlando Jordan, Paul London, Scotty 2 Hotty and many, many more!

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/WWE-SmackDown-061805.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sjjhynes

Tks for the photos , they look great . I didn't have my camera with me at the WWE in Dubllin 20th April '05 and was wondering if you or anyone else had any more photos / mpgs of the night ?

Tks Again they look great.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Great to see the photos (where is Torrie?)
    I will post mine as soon as i get them sorted.

Great nite, looking forward to 18th June to 30000 fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

can any one tel me what tshirts are on sale.

• Advertisement

From what i can remember t-shirts are
    Batista (animal one)
    Triple H (hammer one)
    Taker
    John Cena (ruck fules)
    JBL
    Guerrero
    Mysterio (also have Kids size in this one)
    Angle
    Big Show
    Stone Cold (new one)

all are €30

thats what i can remember. Also have Rey Mysterio and Cena sweatbands
    programme is €25

If i think of any more I will let ya know

oh yeah there is a Randy Orton T-shrt aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

€25 for the programme? :eek:

Was €15 at Raw last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Storm106

What a night - best yet.

I was beside the guy that was dressed up as Mankind - was that anyone form here?

We had some great craic throwing abuse all night long. Got a load of pics taken by the photographer and the cameraman was film us all a good few times.

The irish flag was belonging to the guys beside me that JBL took.

What a night, ohhhh yeah. Going again tonight but haven't got ringside this time. ahh well.

Roll on June.

meepmeep wrote:
    €25 for the programme? :eek:

Was €15 at Raw last year!

Can someone confirm that the programme is €25? I was going to bring €60 with me, buy a programme, a t-shirt and some food, and expect change left over!!! :o

• Advertisement

Yes I can confirm the programmes are 25 Euro. The stall is right of the stairs.

Bottle of water is 2.50 and pints are 5 euro.

Food couldn't tell you - well a cornetto ice cream is 2.50

Yeah programme is €25 euro. didnt get one myself but had a look at one - it is the same one for smackdown and raw tour. just pictures of the superstars in it. Not worth it IMO.
    T-shirts for €30 aint bad

Storm106 wrote:
    Yes I can confirm the programmes are 25 Euro. The stall is right of the stairs.

Bottle of water is 2.50 and pints are 5 euro.

Food couldn't tell you - well a cornetto ice cream is 2.50

Well at least the food price is gone down. I had to pay €3.20 for a Cornetto last year. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Good night.

I had a great seat.

I was very VERY impressed with MNM. First time for alot of people seeing them as a tag I presume. I was impressed at their work ethic.

How did melina stay in that top when see was running around the ring.

Yeah not sure how she managed that myself, i concentrated as hard as i could (power of positive thought) but they wouldtn budge :)

Trev C wrote:
    Yeah not sure how she managed that myself, i concentrated as hard as i could (power of positive thought) but they wouldtn budge :)

Got a good look when nitro (i think) sat down in front of us. they must have been stuck in. Not bad all the same

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had a great night, I choose balcony seating and it was fantastic as I could see everything all the time, a great, great show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Was thinking how they stayed in myself. I know who johnny nitro is but could someone tell me who the other guy is.

Also i heard some JBL fans like myself which was weird cause i taught i was the only one.

Great night, went on longer than i taught it would as well

Mercury is the other guy. MNM (Mercury - Nitro - Melina) how original

We gave some stick to JBL and all the rest.

Just remembered there that Scotty near flattened all of us when jumped in to us. I got a smack on the jaw by him

• Advertisement

There were "wrestling god" chants alright. If fact the guy beside me was a fan.

If it was me i wouldnt wash that jaw ever again :D

haha, just remember some guy who was near ring side shook hands with BookerT and then started licking his hand - bit extreme!.

Yeah great nite, i was on the balcony front row right over the entrance so got some good pics. when the superstars were leacving the ring they would look up at us. Brilliant seats, would love them again.

Going to be interesting to see what seating arrangements will be for 30000 people in RDS!

gonna have to get myself ring side seats for the rds. Wonder if it will be a live show recording in June. Big crowd and open air event

Anyone have an ideas on the ringside seats, I always thought they were block booked by corporate or someone who had friends in high places.

Anyone know if they are actually put on general sale? If someone out there has ever got them would appreciate letting us know how you managed to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Had a great time, Carlito was class,6 man tag was class and it was SAVAGE how the roof came off for cena/taker and jbl was unreal when he took the mike. Getting home at 5 in the morning last nite tho after drivin all day and nite......."THATS NOT COOL".

The f*cking security guards in there wrecked my head man!! ya couldnt stand without gettin a pat in the back or a torch in the face from em,i understand during a match but durin the entrances!!?? God help em if ever they got a job at the Garden!! Did anyone else tink the atmosphere wasnt quite as mad as last year, i was the only person tryin to get chants goin in my block and was generally looked at with disdain when i did.

But still had an unreal time and didnt give a crap what they thought, roll on the RDS!! Well worth the spin. :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

open air in Ireland?

are they mad?

Mossy Monk wrote:
    open air in Ireland?

are they mad?

bring your brolly's.........

taken from wwe:

WWE SMACKDOWN! PRESENTS SUMMER BASH TOUR
    Date: 06/18/2005 Saturday Night
    Time: 8:00 p.m.
    Venue: RDS Stadium

On-Sale Date: Friday, April 29th

Ticket Information: Box Office, All Ticketmaster Outlets, www.ticketmaster.ie
    Ticket Prices: TBD
    Charge-by-Phone: 0818 719 300

Event Notes: Catch all the action and all the excitement of World Wrestling Entertainment when it makes its way to IRELAND!!! The following Superstars are scheduled to appear at RDS Stadium under the night sky!!!

Undertaker, John Cena, JBL, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Torrie Wilson, Rene Dupree, The Bashams, Orlando Jordan, Paul London, Scotty 2 Hotty and many, many more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thanks for the info. I'm going tonight and it looks like I'll need to bring plenty of cash. I wasn't sure if Taker would be here due to his shoulder problems but thankfully he is!

• Advertisement

I wasn't sure if Taker would be here due to his shoulder problems but thankfully he is!

there was actually a very funny moment durin the cruiserweight match when the arena lights flickered off for a second and everyone was like WOOOOOO but then nothing happened and the look on akio's face of "what the hell!!" was class. could only happen in ireland, good old ESB......

Any words of advice for those going tonight?

Roll on tonight. I'll be in Block b row 4 seats 11 & 12, on the isle. Not the greatest seats but what the hell.

Just after been talking to a guy in WWE Corp and he expects this show to be better than last night. He wouldn't reveal whats going to happen but i believe him.

Yeah that was funny when the lights went out. Akio gave us the fingers cause we slagged him off.
    It was funny when they played the undertakers music for a split second just after the break (intermission). Thought we where getting to see him again.

When taker hit the tombstone he done something to his let elbow. You could see on his face when he was pinning hiedenrich, he was also hold his elbow very tight.

Well these are the scheduled matches:
    FEATURE TAG TEAM MATCH
    Big Show & John Cena vs. Orlando Jordan & JBL

SUBMISSION MATCH
    Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio vs. Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro w/ Melina

Booker T vs. Heidenreich

Mark Jindrak vs. Luther Reigns

Charlie Haas vs. Carlito

OVER-THE-TOP CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE ROYAL
    Funaki, Billy Kidman, Spike Dudley, Paul London, Shannon Moore, Nunzio, Akio, Scotty, Chavo

Torrie Wilson vs. Dawn Marie

HARDCORE MATCH
    Hardcore Holly vs. Rene Dupree

Holly vs Dupree should be interesting after their issues some months back! Also, can't wait for Taker vs Angle. As much as I admire and respect Taker, to see him tap out to Angle would be something else.

Anyone see the 4 guys dressed up as Carlito?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I saw them, Carlito did too. I saw that guy from here with the JBL sign too.

The best bit of it for me was Taker's match. The 6 man tag match was very good too, Big Show is great in short bursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Yeah! Carlito said 'theres one thing you dont do' and then he saw the guys dressed up and he said 'well two things. You dont dress up like carlito and yo dont act like carlito'. Brilliant stuff.

Big Show did too many of those head buts for my liking. Good night though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Prundic

:eek: wwe.com has updated the page for the June show.There is going to be a WWE Title Match,Triple Threat...Cena vs JBL vs Angle..Stone Cold is the guest ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

for those fans left wondering who joey mercury is here's a tip. dig into your wrestling collection specifically your ECW collection and look for a tag team called joey 'mercury' matthews and christian york. bar that he's also appeared in 3pw alot recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 NeverTaker

Storm106 wrote:
    When taker hit the tombstone he done something to his let elbow. You could see on his face when he was pinning hiedenrich, he was also hold his elbow very tight.
    Could you expand on that a bit? I've friends who are going to the later shows just to see 'Taker but if he's injured that bad elbow...

• Advertisement

He definitely had a bad injury on his left arm. If you noticed, he couldnt even punch heidenreich with it.

As for the show in the RDS, some of those matches will probably change due to the draft lottery next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 viewer

Hope this pic looks okay.

Any one notice Ricky Steamboat at ringside with Fit Finlay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

was there the first night and when the buses came out i got a wave off ricky steamboat it was so cool he lik eone of my fav wrestlers ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jeno

Cant wait to see stonecold steve austin in d rds. hes gonna be d enforcer 4 d cena vs jbl vs angle match. its gonna be way cool. t-shirts r available from d wrestling store in dublin 4 25euros

Advertisement