Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problems installing ADSL USB Modem on SuSE 9.2

• 21-04-2005 7:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭

can any1 who has successfully ran the install process on a SuSE system please tell me how you did it coz i cant edit my kernel or install some of the appz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

You'll have to make a little more sense there buddy. For instance, what install program? What kernel? What "appz"? What choo talking aboot Willis? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

the tars i got i unpacked and i got errors when trying to edit my kernel from the guidelines on the tutorial on linux.ie for my ZyXel Prestige 630 series! It would be great if someone made a proper RPM installer and config program so its ready to go but i doubt we will ever see that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Jakkass wrote:
    the tars i got i unpacked

And those tars would have been named what? We're not magicians you know.

http://www.linux.ie/articles/tutorials/zyxel630-11.php

i cant install my modem under this tutorial
    but Linux detects it as the AME DynaMite USB Modem, I want linux to detect it as the ZyXel Prestige 630 i can use the cat command in the root console to view the current devices connected is there anyway i can assign a driver to it like in Windows if linux is unsure of what device it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

So you're saying that linux appears to have detected the device, but just doesn't appear to be what you expected.
    I'm only guessing, but there is a chance that your modem and the dynamite have the same underlying works, so it might be worth trying to configure regardless of name.

Have you attempted the walk through at
    http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT7909082870.html
    but using the AME name.

Otherwise, can you actually provide the text of each error that you hit, together with the stage of the walkthrough at which the error occurred.

• Advertisement

its not detected as a DSL device however just as a USB Modem so it dont appear on the DSL settings in Yast
    when i use the cat command on it it says
    AME DynaMite Modem
    driver (none)
    is there any command to assign a driver to it from the root

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Ok. There are simple drivers for some models e.g 630-41 with eciadsl, but the zytel 630-11 is not supported.

So you have to build support into the kernel.
    So you have to tell what stages succeeded and what failed in the linux.ie steps, and what errors you encountered. Also what version of the kernel you are using (run dmesg, it's at the very top of the output).

Or treat your linux box like you would a mac and only use supported hardware with it, preferably ethernet - DSL routers.

SuSE didnt install the kernel source but i have it now

Advertisement