Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download V Upload

• 21-04-2005 8:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Ok, i just ordered Eircom's Business starter pack.

1 free ip
    2mb down
    128k up

Is it me, or does it seem absurd that i still cant get 256k upload speeds when forking out 54 Euro a month, 15 euro more than Home starter plus! I run a very small business from home, and wanted to get IBB 1024 Async, but after ordering it 4 times without reply, and my current esat account about to run out, i went with eircom. When i finish working, around 6ish, my pc becomes a CSS source dedicated server, for a 2v2 match sit, with my clan. Before anyone tells me 128k isint enough etc, IT IS FOR 4 PPL. after following needforspeeds advice, ive tweaked my pc, that my clanmates get around 70-80 ping, server is very stable etc. Which is why i was thrilled getting a free static ip with this b package, as anyone with a dynamic IP will tell you, trying to run a games server is too much hassle when your ip constantly changes etc, so much hassle just to keep it going. So i have signed for a 6 month period. I have emailed eircom yesterday, aking them could i pay more to JUST get the 256k upload, as i need this for my remote managment services and software, waiting to hear back ( Will let you know ) What im curious about, is how IBB can offer a meg async, and is the upload speed REALLY a high as 1024k or is there somthing i am missing here? This would rock for my Games server aswell, wouldnt it? Why in hell arent eircom and other isp's offering 256k ups even as an optional payment extra. They would make more money, and have a better name for it! Can someone please tell me what isps offer more than 128k ups, how much, and what package it is.

Thanks

Sub.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 moloneyg

Hi,

The Price for Home Plus and Business Starter are the same its 45 ex vat for each, the only diff is the static IP and larger cap

Eircom does offer a 256 upload its called Business Plus and is 89 ex vat a month

DSL that IBB and the DSL that Eircom offers are different technologies that is why they are different speeds for upoad and download,

I suggest you upgrade to Business Plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

i suggest you get on IBB backs ive had no trouble with them and got it installed within a week after pretty much emailing the entire company with the same e-mail 4 times in one day i found the sales@irishbroadband.ie to be the most responsive. they called the next day and aranged it all. Hehe i even got a reply email from the guy (accidently included me in the reply to the internal workers) to the company saying that i was delt with and they shouldnt hear from me again. Crap customer service great BB service.

And it is €48.80 for 2048/2048 with no cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

And it is €48.80 for 2048/2048 with no cap.

Looks like it's even cheaper now €40 per month
    That's pretty good relative to everyone else, especially 2Mbps upload :eek:

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

That page is for Business products causal so no tax is included.

Adding VAT you get the €48.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

how long will it take to cancel with BT Broadband?
    and does the installation include laptop wireless cards coz im sick of my modem not working with Linux

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

there will be an identical home user package in approx 2 weeks which 1Mb users paying 48.40 will be upgraded to automatically :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Subliminal wrote:
    Ok, i just ordered Eircom's Business starter pack.

1 free ip
    2mb down
    128k up

May I suggest you get Esat err BT Business Broadband 1MB/256k (with static IP) for €45 per month if you can get it,
    Its available from the 40 or so BT unbundled exchanges around the country.
    Much better value tbh and its completely uncapped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

julius wrote:
    Adding VAT you get the €48.
    Ahh! Vanks for pointing vat out :D

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Subliminal

I would have really liked the 2048/2048 from IBB, but my broadband was due to run out in a week, so i snapped eircoms 2 month free trial up. If i order IBB ( AND THEY ACTUALLY INSTALL IT ) how long do i have to wait, before i can get eircom dissconnected?

Oh and how do you connect to IBB's system, lan via router, or usb?

Sub

Advertisement