Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DOWNLOAD: Another homemade mix for ye

• 21-04-2005 9:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭

I've put together another one hour promo mix. This one is along the same lines as my February mix, so if you liked that one, you might like this one too. (Send me a PM if you're looking for my last mix)

This new one has some LCD Soundsystem, Vitalic, M.I.A., Daft Punk, Mylo, Tom Vek and some remixes of the Futureheads and Death from Above 1979.

Tracklist:
    Jeans Team - Oh Bauer
    The Soft Pink Truth - Out of Step
    Felix da Housecat - Watching Cars Go By (Cyberwhore)
    Franz and Shape - Countach
    M.I.A. - 10 Dollar
    Daft Punk - Oh Yeah
    Tiga - Louder Than A Bomb
    Death from Above 1979 - Romantic Rights (The Phones Lovers Remix)
    Sweet Light - Abusator (Black Strobe Remix)
    M83 - Run Into Flowers (Midnight **** Remix by Jackson)
    Munk feat. James Murphy and Nancy Whang - Kick Out The Chairs (Tom Boy Mix)
    Vitalic - My Friend Dario
    Ladytron - Sugar
    LCD Soundsystem - Beat Connection (Tiga Edit)
    Tom Vek - I Ain't Saying My Goodbyes
    Daft Punk - Rock & Roll
    Adult. - Nausea (Restructured)
    Demon vs Heartbreaker - You Are My High (Vitalic Version)
    The Futureheads - Hounds of Love (Phones' Wolves at the Door Remix)
    The Discoboys - For You (Felix da Housecat Dub Remix)
    The Egg - Wall (Mylo Mix)
    Etienne De Crecy - Limewire
    Annie - Heartbeat (Alan Braxe Remix)
    Vitalic - No Fun
    LCD Soundsystem - Disco Infiltrator
    Whomadewho - Flat Beat
    Here's the download:
    Uncork mix (April 2005) (68.2MB)

Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Track listing looks great, just downloading it now, but wont be able to listen till after work..... Ill let you know.

Check out these mixes done by the 110th Street lads. These were all recorded in the Club (my local) and they are great. some of them are a year or two old but age very well.

110th street

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yes I have all of them, they're great altogether. As mentioned in that thread you linked to, I love the part with Felix mixed in to Doves. (The "out of control, control, control, control..." part)

You're lucky to have 110th as your local! We don't get much of that down here in Cork, hence the name "Uncork mix". :D

Thanks for downloading it, btw! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Nice work PlazzTT :). I listen to it all there. The mixing was good, it all seemed seemless, the only bit I noticed was during that Tom Vek song where you kinda cut it short and it just seemed like the song was building up and then you moved on to the next. I liked the tracks chosen, its the kinda music I listen to and it was nice to hear some new songs, Franz and Shape - Countach being one of them. Great work altogether ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

Nice mix- thought the Tom Vek and Daft punk worked well in together...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Hmmm, maybe its these dodgy headphones here in college, can't hear any bass from them at all :)

• Advertisement

Anima wrote:
    Nice work PlazzTT :). I listen to it all there. The mixing was good, it all seemed seemless, the only bit I noticed was during that Tom Vek song where you kinda cut it short and it just seemed like the song was building up and then you moved on to the next. I liked the tracks chosen, its the kinda music I listen to and it was nice to hear some new songs, Franz and Shape - Countach being one of them. Great work altogether ;)

Yeah I listened to it again today, and you're right about Tom Vek. I should probably have used the Phones mix of that tune anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Really like the way you mixed Countach with M.I.A's 10 Dollar.
    Sounds real nice :D

Thanks, that was one bit I was a bit doubtful about, especially because I didn't have an acappella of 10 Dollar. It sounded good to me when I was making it, but I thought that part might have sounded a bit messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

like the look of the tracklist, downloading it now..

what's your setup plazzT? i'm a complete newbie to all of this and am still trying to get to grips with the Traktor software before i take it any further. could you maybe recommend a few helpful sites or tutorials?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

plazzTT wrote:
    You're lucky to have 110th as your local! We don't get much of that down here in Cork, hence the name "Uncork mix". :D
    The vic is pretty much the only decent club in Galway these days. i ended up going there 5 saturdays in a row earlier on in the year :o
    i'm fairly sick of the place now (even if 110th street do put on a quality show every time)

nice looking mix, started downloading now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 POW!

Quality mix, enjoyed that.

another enjoyable mix :)

good stuff out of you, plazzTT

[nicK] wrote:
    like the look of the tracklist, downloading it now..

what's your setup plazzT? i'm a complete newbie to all of this and am still trying to get to grips with the Traktor software before i take it any further. could you maybe recommend a few helpful sites or tutorials?

My setup isn't great, to be honest. I'm using Adobe Audition 1.5 (formerly Cool Edit).

Traktor, as far as I know, is designed for live mixing. If you're familar with the two decks and a mixer setup (which I'm not), then it would make using "live mix" software like Traktor easier.

I was working on this mix on and off for about three weeks, using the "Multitrack View" in Audition to overlay tracks over each other. I used Mixmeister BPM Analyzer to get the BPMs, and then the stretch function in Audition to match the beats.

As far as I know, speeding up tracks using any software generally isn't the best idea, as you'll always lose quality, unlike if you were using real mixing decks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I though it was done on Vinyl............ does anyone even use vinyl anymore (apart from me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Mungaman

Cheers for the download more people should do it. Since I'm a crusty with 1210's and a broken shoulder from luggin vinyl can we get a forum going on what steps to take to get it downtown and share a few. I've used Tractor with decks but always live .
    110st are business trying to see if they will head to NZ next summer
    mungaman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Mikill wrote:
    Really like the way you mixed Countach with M.I.A's 10 Dollar.
    Sounds real nice :D
    Just to clarify; is the "hey a hey aheyhey" vocal from Countach? If so...top marks my man. Nicely done. I'm not too familiar with most of the tracks but seems pretty decent.

Also; Traktor isn't free is it? I wanted to record from my decks but havn't really bothered as Cool Edit screwed up my machine - and I havn't tried the Adobe-owned release. Is there any freeware wav recorder longer than good ol' sound editor?

Audacity is a good free one I think.

The "hey hey heya hey" vocals are from MIA - 10 Dollar.

Countach starts between 7:50mins to 8mins. The "hey hey" vocals come in at exactly 11 minutes. It's then Countach with 10 Dollar vocals until about 12:30, when Countach fades out and 10 Dollar plays until about 15 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Track listing looks great, just downloading it now, but wont be able to listen till after work..... Ill let you know.

Check out these mixes done by the 110th Street lads. These were all recorded in the Club (my local) and they are great. some of them are a year or two old but age very well.

110th street

S.

The link seems to broken! :(

I donwloaded the first part of four yesterday and I went vack to get the rest and no the link is not working!!!

B.

BaZmO* wrote:
    The link seems to broken! :(

I donwloaded the first part of four yesterday and I went vack to get the rest and no the link is not working!!!

B.
    http://www.backlash.ie/

try in the mixes section there...
    cba checking if the links are still there :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

Yep, we've 5 or 6 mixes up, just added is a quick mix Jon Averill did for us,

Tracklisting is here:

01 Backlash intro
    02 Miss Kittin - Happy Violentine (LFO Mix)
    03 Spirit Catcher - Voo Doo Knight
    04 Freeform Five - Strangest Things (M.A.N.D.Y Mix)
    05 Zoo Brazil - We Are
    06 Traffic Signs - The Big Fake
    07 Mr Flaggio - Take a Chance (Kiko's Full Edit)
    08 Unit 47 - Bodydub (Tiefschwarz Mix)
    09 Dr Olive - The End of The Beginning
    10 LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing at My House
    11 Supergrass - Kiss of Life (Chicken Lips Special Disco Mix)
    12 Dirty Minds - Death of Brian (+ The Rapture - House of Jealous Lovers Acapella)
    13 Kelis - Trick Me (Tiefshwartz Mix)
    14 Ignition - Love is War (Chicken Lips Mix)
    15 Schneider TM - The Light 3000

+ Does any know of a program like Mixmeister BPM analayzer for a Mac?

BACKLASH // Thursdays at Wax

• Advertisement

hmmmm... i'm sure someone posted a different link to the 4 110th street mixes a few months ago.
    did you have more of them up at one stage, BACKLASH?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

The 110s worked for me last night...

Advertisement