Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WiFi grief with setup in farmhouse

• 21-04-2005 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

maybe somebody can shed some light on this.

Ive been struggling with a wifi setup in an old farmhouse with 2ft thick walls in places.

The router HAS to go at one endo of the building.

Initally the plan was to use the router to cover the 1st part of the house, grab the signal up in the attic, repeat it accross the building and then boost it from the 2stfloor for coverage at the back of an L-shaped part.

I have two problems....

1. With the best placement possible, the signal measured at the 1st repeater (Dlink AP2000+) fluctuates from 12mbps to 36, with the odd drop to 8! The only other source of interferecne is the cordless phone setup, however a simple channel change solved that.

2. The feckin D-Links keep crashing when I setup them up as a repeater!

What I was thinking of doing, was installing a high-gain parabolic antenna accesspoint in the attic, connected with cat 5 to the router downstairs.

They were originally against drilling holes, but I think they could live with running one cable up to the attic.

can anybod suggest some equipment & resources for "hardcore" WiFi gear in ireland. The walls in this place are knocking the bejajus out of the signal.

thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

Advertisement