Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lawn/other fertiliser application

Options
  • 21-04-2005 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

ok some silly questions, but want to be safe rather than sorry. If lawn fertiliser says rate is 25g per square metre and lawn is say 8m x 6m does this mean I should use 24 x 25g?

also as regards weighing out granules I have measuring jugs which seem to give weight in grams for flour - would this be close enough?

finally bought a universal spreader in lidl and was wondering if there's anything to watch out for when using it.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

chickey wrote:
    ok some silly questions, but want to be safe rather than sorry. If lawn fertiliser says rate is 25g per square metre and lawn is say 8m x 6m does this mean I should use 24 x 25g?:)

6 x 8 = 48 at 25g is 1200g
    chickey wrote:
    also as regards weighing out granules I have measuring jugs which seem to give weight in grams for flour - would this be close enough?:)
    Could be, could be not, couldn't say for sure. Better off trying to work out a portion of whatever size bag you buy.
    chickey wrote:
    finally bought a universal spreader in lidl and was wondering if there's anything to watch out for when using it.

Thanks. :)
    Know nothing about it. One tip, for all lawn fertilizers is to watch for rain, you need id to get the fertilizers into the soil, otherwise it just sits there and potentially burns the grass

Advertisement