Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Zen Touch 40GB-seeking urgent reviews

Options
  • 21-04-2005 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

can any1 give me any info about this player,am considering buying it but need to hear from people who have experiance with it.preferably those who listen to dj sets as opposed to cds but will take any info under advisement and appreciate it.need to know by bout 3 today if possible.
    sound

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Dont get one, get an iPod or iRiver, the Creatives are woefully unreliable.

Oh and on the subject of DJ sets, I listen to them but they burn through your battery as both above have a buffer of about 10-15mins afaik and since most DJ sets are 1hr+ which means the HD has to be constantly accessed i.e. battery goes a lot quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Aid the Blade

i wouldnt even rob an i pod.but thanks,any ideas as to which iriver lookin at a iRiver H340 40GB,but its another ton just 4 a colour screen which i dont need.
    what would u recomend
    could u explain the buffer thing to me,ive seen it when im downloadin but dont know wat it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Man iPods are good, Ive had a 20GB and currently have a 30GB photo, I just dont need the extra features of the iRiver.(and the iRivers are bulkier)

iRiver H340 is bulky thats what put me off, but its a great player the H320 or H340, in the end you get what you pay for with Creatives, cheap components.

The buffer thing is that basically the HD can load a 4min song say then stop spinning(the spinning is what kills it, why do you think flash players have massive battery power?its because nothing is moving)
    ....so when you want to play your 2hr DJ set the HD is spinning for 2 hours....which is bad for battery life.
    If you know anybody with a HD player test this out, hold it in your hand and play 2 songs of say 5 mins each, the disc wont be accessed much at all(youll feel it in your hand when its accessed)then play your DJ set, much more spinning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Ive got a 4 gig creative muvo and pretty much all my player is used for is listening to livesets which are almost all longer than 1 hour, theres not much you can do about it, i dont think you can get an mp3 player with 40 gig storage with a buffer large enough for a 60 minute mp3. i havent experienced battery problems and ive had this player for 12 months.
    Im not a huge fan of the zen touch as ive heard a few stories of the buttons not working correctly, ive never used an iriver but have heard very good things about them, although having a colour screen on an mp3 player would in my opinion have a negative effect on battery life.
    just my 2 cents

thank u kinkster and boy am i glad u got rid ot that pic of ur dildo collection.imagine my embarasment when i open it in the rectory.
    how about the H-340 SE iRiver 40GB or H140 iRiver 40GB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

check out these reviews
    h140
    h340

i also found this
    H340[/U]
    Good Points
    Huge disk capacity
    Acts as a USB host so can also be used as a mass storage device for digital cameras etc
    Needs no software - is recognised as a removable disk by Windows.
    Supports a wide variety of file types.
    Can store and display photos and videos.
    Can make live and off-air recordings to disk.
    User forums are good - you'll need them!

Bad Points
    Is NOT supported as an MP3 player by WMP, iTunes, Media Jukebox, RealPlayer. Can only be used through Windows Explorer.
    No music specific functionality - cannot browse music other than the way it's stored. E.g. if you want to view your music by genre then you have to create and populate the directory structure in that way yourself, after which it will be like that until you change it back.
    Online support from the vendor is patchy. Website forum throws errors in Chinese whenever a registered user signs in.
    Radio reception is poor.
    No remote control supplied, which means that the unit cannot be operated in the provided belt pouch.
    Buttons are counter-intuitive

H140
    The good:
    Analog and digital optical inputs/outputs; 40GB hard drive; line-in and voice recording; in-line remote with LCD; long battery life; FM tuner; high-resolution display.

The bad:
    Display text is small; slow scrolling; slight learning curve; limited Mac compatibility.

The bottom line:
    Feature-hungry music fans will find their appetites whetted by this supercharged, high-capacity portable music machine.

Read through the user opinions on those links, personally id go for the H140 but thats just me.

nice van

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

My dad has a creative jukebok, my sister had a creative muvo 4gig, and both my brother and mate have the zen touch 40gig. Not a single problem from any of them, and the battery life on the zen touch is brilliant, over 12 hours of playback from mp3's ripped from standard cd's. Might drop a bit for you useage, but still that is a massive batterylife!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

the iriver h340 can also play media files, you just transfer them from the comp onto it, its great...i watch scrubs on the way to work in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Clank wrote:
    Dont get one, get an iPod or iRiver, the Creatives are woefully unreliable.

What is this based on?
    I have a Zen touch 20gb and its the best piece of technology I ever bought.
    250 Euro on komplett.ie, Battery lasts for ever, sound quality is amazing, volume is great.
    Te only thing that slightly annoys me the navigation, little bit on the sensitive side.
    I would recommend this 100%.
    Check the CNET.com review.

• Advertisement
Advertisement