Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Question

Options
  • 21-04-2005 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Ok - ill be the first to admit i know nothing about mobile phone settings etc. So im going to throw this out here and hope someone can impart their infinate wisdom unto me -

Im having a bit of a problem with my nokia 3200 - Whenever i get text messages/calls from one particular number (my G/F) the name that the number is saved as in my phone book isnt displayed. Just the actual number itself. It only happens for her number - anyone elses displays fine. This started happening all of a sudden around last friday (i think). So far i have tried -
    *Removing/Cleaning SIM card
    *Deleting number - Resaving under different names etc.
    *Searching for setting i may have disabled on her name in phone book

I know its only a minor problem but its really bugging me. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated - Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Are you using both phone and sim memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

No, I usually try to keep it SIM only in case anything happens the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Have you got her number in your phone twice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Delete her number and her to ring/text you. U might have her number under a different name by mistake. If that don't work then i've no idea ...Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Orla - changed that.
    Fade2 Black - Yep. I realised that it was saved under something else somewhere. Deleted second one and it sorted it.

Cant belive it was that simple - D'oh :o

Thanks a mill guys - I appreciate the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement