Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Drivers..

Options
  • 21-04-2005 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    what are peoples views on this?
    Personally I think its pretty damn harsh, maybe it makes sense for professionals but your average Club Golfer? Nah.
    I hope someone sees sense and changes this flat out ban.
    Im currently using a King Cobra, which will be illegal come 2008.
    Its revolutionised my game and I love it. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dypso

maybe its a bit harsh allright but im not that long of a hitter and in my inter club comps it will only be better for me besides what diference will it makle its all in your head. so what if your 20 yards less on a fairway use an extra club. hey it could even improve your accracy of the tee by not gonig for a booming drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭masteire

where can u find out which drivers are legal & illegal - I just bought a Ping G2 -

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

www.gui.ie The ping g2 is fine.

In the long run it will be better. THe decisions was made after the view that courses are not long enough. Too many courses are just a drive and short iron into par 4's. Its easier to ban clubs then change every course.

Secondly you may say" only 20 yards" but for low handicap players it can be up to 40 yards and its the difference from playing a 8/9 iron or a 6. And we all know its easier andmore control over a shorter iron.

The ban comes in for clubs in 2008 or if your like me and are looking at gui official comps it comes in now, but you wont be using the same driver in 2008, well you sohuldnt be.

All the producers (taylor made, nike) are remaking their clubs to become legal. A nice club is the Ping G2, same distance as taylor mades and is legal. Just its got an elephants foot =/

Advertisement