Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Q's: Akasa Fans, XP-90 + Artic Cooling

Options
  • 21-04-2005 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

1. I bought 2 Akasa Ultra Quiet 120mm case fans. They come with screws for fitting them. Would I be better off or would it be quieter to use rubber gromits (I think they're called?). One is going to be fitted as main fan in rear of case, other is going to be fitted to cool hd's. Which direction do I fit them to achieve optimal cooling and how can I tell which way they should be facing. I'm using an Antec Sonata case with Antec NeoPower 480W ATX 2.0 PSU.

2. I'll be fitting an XP-90 over the weekend. Is there anything I should know before I start as I won't have web access to help me out? I've already removed my old RM from motherboard and put new XP-90 RM on. Motherboard is DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D.

3. I bought a Arctic Cooling Rev.2 nVidia 6 (6600 Series) VGA Silencer for my new Leadtek 6600GT. Again, is there anything I should be aware of before installing this?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

"1. I bought 2 Akasa Ultra Quiet 120mm case fans. They come with screws for fitting them. Would I be better off or would it be quieter to use rubber gromits (I think they're called?). One is going to be fitted as main fan in rear of case, other is going to be fitted to cool hd's. Which direction do I fit them to achieve optimal cooling and how can I tell which way they should be facing. I'm using an Antec Sonata case with Antec NeoPower 480W ATX 2.0 PSU."

There should already be a 120mm fan on the rear of ur case n the case comes with spare gromits to fit a front fan.

Either way you'll want to have the front fan sucking in air n the rear blowing it out so the lable on the front fan should be facing inside the case and on the rear fan should be facing outside the case... If u can use the gromits to fix them in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I have 8 spare rubber gromits so I might aswell use them as opposed to the aluminum screws that came with the fans. As I said, these are to be fitted to an Antec Sonata so there's no where to fit a front case fan. There's a place for a case fan on the back of the hard drive cage so I'll have to put one fan there and hope it drags in air through the air filter on the far side (front) of the case. Cheers for the info on airflow/fan direction

Advertisement