Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This may sound stupid but...

Options
  • 21-04-2005 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

How do you use the Print screen button to capture a screen shot? I have three PC's and have tried using it on all of them with different combinations of SHIFT,ALT & CTRL.

I am sure it is simple and I am just a numbnuts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭OhPinchy

you should just be able to hit the Prt Scr button and then paste the screenshot into any image editor, like the Paint program that comes with windows.

You could also google for screenshot software, like SnagIt - for which you can get a 30 day trial and works pretty well cos it cuts out browser bars and lets you get a shot of a webpage that you have to scroll down to see in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Just press the printscreen (shift + printscreen might capture the current program - but i'm not sure about that).Then open a graphics package, select a new image and paste (Ctrl + V). It should be there then and you can save to file.

Alternatively there are about 6 million software thingees out there that make the saving a little easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,255 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Imposter wrote:
    Just press the printscreen (shift + printscreen might capture the current program - but i'm not sure about that).Then open a graphics package, select a new image and paste (Ctrl + V). It should be there then and you can save to file.

Alt + Printscreen just grabs the active application / window, printscreen grabs the entire screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Nice one, Thanks guys.

Advertisement