Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joysticks....what's out there?

Options
  • 21-04-2005 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Hey...

Just bought a WW2 flights sim/combat game thingy...

Pain in the arse trying to use the keyboard and mouse...It's time to invest in a joystick...

Any suggestions???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I hear you.
    I use SideWinder myself. It's really nice. I play Mechwarrior on that and it's great I don't think you should have any problem playing your games.
    You should really just search the net though.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

thanks!

are these force feedback joysticks worth the money??...is the sidewinder one of these? (haven't googled it yet..)

Illuvatar wrote:
    I hear you.
    I use SideWinder myself. It's really nice. I play Mechwarrior on that and it's great I don't think you should have any problem playing your games.
    You should really just search the net though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've been using a Logitech Wingman Digital Extreme 3D (mouthful).
    USB and Gameport.
    It's available for about Eur30, with a FF version for about Eur40-50.
    They rock, so much so I'll be buying a second one soon and giving this one to my housemate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If you a console gamer a PS2 pad type thing will do, if not for a PC flight games a proper joystick is worth it.

Argos have a Ps2 clone for €20 , you can get a PS2 to USB vonverter in Game for €15.
    Or buy a logitech Wingman fo about €50

kdjac

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Yes, and yes. They have force feedback and it is easily worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

SyxPak wrote:
    I've been using a Logitech Wingman Digital Extreme 3D (mouthful).
    USB and Gameport.
    It's available for about Eur30, with a FF version for about Eur40-50.
    They rock, so much so I'll be buying a second one soon and giving this one to my housemate.
    Any idea where I can get one? My old joystick died, and I need one to fly planes & choopers in Nam, Russia, and in WW2... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Peats on Parnell St. sell joysticks in Dublin, most game shops don't seem to stock them anymore.

the_syco wrote:
    Any idea where I can get one? My old joystick died, and I need one to fly planes & choopers in Nam, Russia, and in WW2... ;)
    I bought mine back when Compustore were around.

I'd say your best bet would be to check www.logitech.com, have a look at www.komplett.ie or try PCWorld/Currys/Dixons/UKChainStoreOfYourChoosing or Peats.

It's not a *serious* flight yoke, but it'll get you up and running.
    7 buttons, 8-way hat, very nice, smooth and firm throttle and a rudder built into the stick - which can also be disabled/locked into position with the twist of a locking nut on the stick.
    It's also nice and weighty due to the metal plate built into the base.

For the price it's hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I can't seem to find the force feedback version anywhere??...is it worth getting?? does it work with all games??

DonalN wrote:
    I can't seem to find the force feedback version anywhere??...is it worth getting?? does it work with all games??
    Logitech Joy-/flightstick WingMan Force 3D, Gaming, Retail UK €50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm getting myself a dirt cheap, bottom of the range stick off ebay because I've just dug out my old copy of X-Wing alliance and fancy playing it again. Pity I can't find my tie fighter collector's edition, that was one of my favourite games ever. (And ran like an absolute dream on my 486 :))

Edit: might as well get another copy of tie fighter off ebay too :)

Advertisement