Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preflop Decisions

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Limping shorthanded is WEAK WEAK WEAK !!! you can only lose chips this way. This hand has only been remembered because it was folded and would have hit the flop big. You should cover the call button with tape when you get shorthanded. Raise or fold.

I'm sat in the big blind of this hand and there are 2 limpers and the SB makes 4800 sat out there for the taking. I am raising big here - what are you gonna do with your K8 now? You may be beating my 7 2 but you can't call.

Why would players limp short-handed? Because they are holding weak hands, there are not enough players to risk limping with AA ot KK and getting it cracked by 3 6 when no-one raises for them to reraise.

K8 is a hand for mucking or stealing. It is junk. Having said that if you are third shortest stack because you have been playing tight then there is a good case for moving in preflop and increasing your stack by 30% when they all fold to your tight image.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

I'm in agreement with HJ and shortstack.

its just stupid here to call, why bleed away your stack with crap hands like k8

raise to rob or fold. calling makes no sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Yeah, calling is just plain crazy. Even if you do get to see a flop, there are very few flops that K8s is going to like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

What were the payouts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

NickyOD wrote:
    What were the payouts?

Unless it is a satellite the payouts will always mean that 1st - 3rd are what you should be aiming for. Sneaking into the money is -EV in the long run. I would rather bubble 9 times and win once than sneak into the money 10 times. Most payout structures would mean I win more than twice as much that way - all buy ins equal of course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I stupidly assumed this was a live event. Is it online? Shortstack probably right, limping is a bad idea. In a live event if you've got a good read on the table I think limping is fine here though.

Advertisement