Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 player for years - soon to be on PC. Tips/downloads?

Options
  • 21-04-2005 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've been a fan of the series since PES 2 on the PS2 (never playing FIFA again!).
    I hope to upgrade / get a new PC and then enjoy the merits of PES4 on it.

I know about the PS2 USB adapter - this is cool.
    So, what other advantages does the PC version allow?
    I used to own FIFA 98 on PC, and could download lots of stuff.
    Are there many sites to download kits/teams/stadiums/balls etc..?
    Any little utilities to change stats etc?

Any info would be cool.
    (ok, I could google all this, but I thought it better to ask any of the players who play the PC version here.... thanks!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pros
    1st no Slowdown (depends on your PC but can be smooth gameplay)
    2nd Edititabilty is easy and overwriting 4 files (600mb download PM me if on dial up i post out the patches)

Cons
    Joystick sadly the game is made for a PS2 pad and anything else really isnt *right* longtime players will understand.
    Online play the alleged Ultimate in online gaming just isnt right, lag is a complete ****. Its a serious kick in the nuts.

Its still PES 4(i play WE8I slightly smoother and online slightly better but still unplayable)and its just best damn football game ever!

All the downloads you could possibly need

kdjac

Advertisement