Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hawaiian suggestions

• 21-04-2005 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi all, I'm going to Honolulu this summer on J1 and I was wondering if anyone had been there before or had any suggestions about jobs/accomm?? We're hoping to be in the Waikiki area for the surf.
    My boyfriend is coming too, but he can't get a J1 cos he's finished college, does anyone have any experiences with this temp working visa, H2B???

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭namaimo

I was in Hawaii last year on a J1 however i was in Maui. I travelled to Honolulu at the end.Honolulu is a very built up city full of skyscrappers and mostly japanese people. Waikiki is a man-made beach and it consistently packed. In the end i was so glad we had chosen Maui over Oauhu.
    Maui is more what one imagines Hawaii to be like hundeds of white sand beaches,people with surf boards strapped to the top of their cars, palm trees etc.
    I know youve probably booked at this stage but Im just warning you. Waikiki is teaming with tourists so i dont think youll have a problem getting a job in restaurants/bars. Not too sure on the accom front.
    Best of luck anyway and do try and see the other islands as they are the real Hawaii.

Advertisement