Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System of a Down new single

Options
  • 21-04-2005 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

Is their new single called BYOB?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yes. Bring Your Own Bomb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Ok thanks faylya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Its quite good, a little hard for my taste but the traditional SOAD lyrics and that familiarity makes it all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Its Brilliant , the ususal crazy lyrics !
    whens the album out again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Theres two albums coming out...

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000883482

Just thought id post this

• Advertisement

holy crap its only 37 minutes long!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Their 'Steal this album' was terrible.. a terrible cd altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Well 'Steal this album' was pretty much a b-side collection, so there was some cack, but I think there are definately some System classics there.

That said I don't have much hope for the new album(s)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Very cool Song!! :D

Whatshisname the guitarist seems to have a lot bigger portion of the vocals in the new song!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

any chance someone can give me a link where i mite hear the song?becuase for some reason their official site wont open on my computer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i like it. very different.

Repli wrote:
    Their 'Steal this album' was terrible.. a terrible cd altogether
    Ah it just took getting used to , im still unsure as to when ill see the new cd in hmv though , is it out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Ah it just took getting used to , im still unsure as to when ill see the new cd in hmv though , is it out yet?

I think it's out on May 15th or something like that.

cool thanks , :)
    they`d want to knock a bit off the price though since its so short and was meant to be released as a double cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yeah, but i'll forgive them because it seems like it's a return to classic SOAD, so I will be happy with a short album especially when they are releasing a second album at the end of the summer (iirc).

I know the price I was offered from the SOAD mailing list was 15 dollars, so maybe it is being released cheaper? Although, I wouldn't put it past the irish retailers to bump up the price a fair bit, as usual.

15 dollars that not too shabby , proabaly be 22 or 23 down in golden discs, I cant wait , I love system should be a good album from what ive heard anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Yeah Toxicity and Steal this album were amazing so they have a lot to live up to!

Im sure it`l be brilliant!I love em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

You can now watch the full video of BYOB on www.systemofadown.com

I thought the video was meh, and the song was meh too. Wasn't entirely impressed. Daron has alot more vocals going on, and general limelight. John looks strange with longer hair, and Shavo looks the same.

Ou cant wait for the cd to be released!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I was expecting them to mellow out a bit on ths album. They're usually a bit to heavy to listen to, for long periods imo.

Yea The odd quietish song they throw in usually makes the album because your just not expecting it , Although I do prefer their heavier stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Me likey. Can't wait for the new album. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Grabbed a copy of the song from emule last night. It's good. very good in fact, Roll on the album

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    15 dollars that not too shabby , proabaly be 22 or 23 down in golden discs, I cant wait , I love system should be a good album from what ive heard anyway :)
    12.99 on cdwow.ie. Only way to go.
    You can preorder it so it will be posted out on the release date, Monday May 16.
    http://www2.cdwow.ie/detail_results.php?product_code=17813

Ou cool , thanks for that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah can't wait for this album.may 17... though hmv have a little pre-order notice on grafton st. saying june 6 (i think)... which is a little worrying

aww no I cant wait til june 6th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

BYOB is a classic song! Even when they sorta take the piss out of rap videos with the "everybody's going to the party gonna have a good time" bit, the underlying riff is great. Still a bunch of crazy mofos. The new album will be high in my priorities when i get money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

BYOB is legend. Really different, but I think it sounds v. cool.

Advertisement