Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

"show desktop" icon gone

• 21-04-2005 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

for some reason my "show desktop" icon has dissapeared from its home beside the start button and is now an item on the desktop, how do i get it back to its original position, this one is wreckin my head as i cant do it myself! :D

thanx
    kinkstr

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

drag it and drop it!

by the way, a handy trick is to hold down the windows button and press D, does the same trick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Draupnir wrote:
    drag it and drop it!

by the way, a handy trick is to hold down the windows button and press D, does the same trick!!

tried that it didnt work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

A quick google search returned the solution...

"How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;190355

The google search I used was... "quick launch" "show desktop" missing "windows xp" site:microsoft.com

...it was the first result returned.

Advertisement