Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Horn stuck - VW Polo

Options
  • 21-04-2005 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has a 00 Polo - but a few times recently when he turned on the ignition the horn kept blowing for no reason!

The only way to stop it was to switch off the ignition and leave it for a while.

Obviously this will need to be checked out by a professional - but anybody got any ideas as to a possible cause / fault?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Tell him to see a sex therapist - he's obviously too horny :D

- does it only happen when the car is first started or does it happen anytime
    - maybe a sticky switch behind the horn
    - could be an alarm fault (is the alarm hooked up the horn)

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Thanks.

It only happens when the car is first started and there is no alarm in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Has he been the subject of a prank?

I once hooked up the horn to the brakes so that the horn blew when the break was pressed. very funny in heavy traffic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

I used to have a VW Golf. While driving down Firhouse road one day the horn blew for just a second. I drove onto Templeogue bridge and stopped at the lights behind 2 other cars and the horn went off on its own. A constant noise. The guy in front was glaring back at me. I had to hold both hands up to show him that it wasn't me, that "Herbie" was blowing on his own. Was really funny. .........

:o hmmm ..... maybe you had to be there.

Anyway, I simply replaced the fuse. Never happened again.

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

prank.....car breaks.....not funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

does it have a air bag ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Dub_Ster wrote:
    does it have a air bag ?

Yes.

Advertisement