Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6230i release date

Options
  • 21-04-2005 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Any one know when Nokia 6230i is going to be network approved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

yeah, i was the vodafone store and, they said that it will be released in june. its in their new cataloge aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Class phone been using it for the last two weeks very high pitcutre quality and the extra internal memorey is a big bonus takes awhile to get used to nokias slightly altered new predicitve txtin but all round a serious piece of technology :D

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

how have they altered the predictive text? main reason i've stuck with nokia this long is cos their predictive text is the only one that doesn't bug the hell out of me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

cupthehand wrote:
    Class phone been using it for the last two weeks very high pitcutre quality and the extra internal memorey is a big bonus takes awhile to get used to nokias slightly altered new predicitve txtin but all round a serious piece of technology :D

Where did you get it ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Debbio69

The Telephone Centre Dawson St Dublin Hav 6230i Its €449 Sim Free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I bought this phone off expansys.de, I posted a thread in bargain alerts about it a week ago, got it delivered and all for only €335 > It costs over €400 on expansys.ie, we even get ripped off on the net!
    The price has gone up however to €355 delivered since I bought it, I was pretty lucky, you can check it out here. Much better then buying it from any Irish dealer if you dont wanna mess about with O2, Vodafone contracts etc.
    Sweet piece of technology, and it still has that classic Nokia look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

I got mine off www.livetelecom.com cost me E360 all in but sterling has since risen so it mite be a little dearer now although i notrice it has been droppin in price usually £5 every few days so keep an eye on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

3g stores are supposed to be getting it in sim free for 369!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Just got an email fom vodafone , it will be released on June 1st (maybe earlier, depending on stock)

Im thinking of moving to voda from O2 and i really like the look of this phone but how much branding crap do you think vodafone will put on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

as much as they can fit on it they ruin perfectly good fones. The menu will be a vodafone menu the logo will be all over the cover, you will only be able to play mp3s that are down loaded with DRM and there is other stuf as well but i cant think of it at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

How about the U.S.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Richie6904 wrote:
    as much as they can fit on it they ruin perfectly good fones. The menu will be a vodafone menu the logo will be all over the cover, you will only be able to play mp3s that are down loaded with DRM and there is other stuf as well but i cant think of it at the moment

What is DRM?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

DRM= digital Rights Management

it is mircosoft wma file format the same as an mp3. but there is protection on it, meaning it only can be played on one computer and one device.. most music providers use it when u buy a song off the internet. e.g msn music , napster and eircom music to name but a few..

Thanks for reply dshakey

So can I put on songs which I have copied from my own cds?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

bought one last week in 3g for €369 was omly a few euro more expensive than livetelecom,m well impressed with it, far better handset than the 6230 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Vodafone currently testing with a target release date of june 1st, will be available on both pre-pay and pay monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

yep, also if u go to the carphone warehouse you can get it on Meteor Billpay for 79/99/129 euro depending on tariff... check it...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=255771

dshakey wrote:
    DRM= digital Rights Management

it is mircosoft wma file format the same as an mp3. but there is protection on it, meaning it only can be played on one computer and one device.. most music providers use it when u buy a song off the internet. e.g msn music , napster and eircom music to name but a few..

Can I use music which I have copied from my own cds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭D_Money5042000

When will it be out in the U.S.? or will it be out in the U.S.?

• Advertisement
Advertisement