Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ge - Force 6800gt overclock

Options
  • 21-04-2005 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

I am in the process of overclocking my ge-froce 6800gt and I must install rivatuner to obtain clock frequency options but I'm not sure where to extract/install it to. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

get coolbits
    google it.
    Much easier to use. It ulocks an overclocking tab in the graphics options

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Yeah grand I got it to work after extracting, when i went into my nVidia folder there was a setup.exe for add on. I will post back with how i get on with my overclock hoping for at least ultra speeds, from what I've been reading most GT's can easily achieve ultra speed fingers crossed wish me luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Both of mine (XFX) easily reach ultra speeds on both GPU and memory, but then the memory doesn't go much past that.
    Ultra memory is supposed to go further than the GT, since it is speed binned to be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I easily reached ulta speeds and thats what I have it at now its beavering along nicely but I haven't seen much if any increase in fps my rig is:

A64 3400+ clawhammer @ stock
    MSI K8N Nio Plat
    1gb muskin level one 2-3-2
    PNY Verto Ge-Force 6800gt @ 400mhz/1.10ghz

and my 3dmark 03 score is concerning around 4650 I have seen people get much higher scores with much inferior rigs.
    Any comments on what may be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

-oRnein9- wrote:
    I easily reached ulta speeds and thats what I have it at now its beavering along nicely but I haven't seen much if any increase in fps my rig is:

A64 3400+ clawhammer @ stock
    MSI K8N Nio Plat
    1gb muskin level one 2-3-2
    PNY Verto Ge-Force 6800gt @ 400mhz/1.10ghz

and my 3dmark 03 score is concerning around 4650 I have seen people get much higher scores with much inferior rigs.
    Any comments on what may be the problem.
    I assume you mean 05 score of 4650 and not 03. It does seem a bit low if you are overclocking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement