Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Emmet A Residential Place!

Options
  • 21-04-2005 7:47pm

I need as many people to sign up to getting me a residential place. Ra's, Ta's or anybody who has worked for Ctyi in the past would be much loved if they signed up.

A little about me

I've been at ctyi 3 times before.

2002- session 2 - commuter (for 4 days, almost killed me, changed to res) Computer Applications - No real outstanding moments that anyone would remember
    2003 - session 2 - residential - Electronic Engineering - Played the intro to the talent show with Iain Billet and Conor Darcy, masterminded an attack on my TA at the games, attempting to tie him to a goalpost. Drenched Rory Loughnane at the "Fun Day".
    2004 - Session 2 - residential - Economics - Played "Volcano" at talent show with Aine and Orla. Cant think of anything right now because i'm panicked, anyone can add to these if they wish.

Basically the problem is that session 2 residential places are over booked, i cant commute, and cant do session 1. I need some references, i need to be able to tell colm on the phone tomorrow or by e-mail in a week or two, that not having me there will damage your experience and taint your love for Ctyi.

This is my final year, i need your help people :eek: !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

We love you emmet, GET THAT MAN TO THE LARKFIELD!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

Let Emmet In!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GlitterB

trust me you all want Emmet in res soo badly. Its his last year...he is the shizzle and his hair..some say it resembles a sheep(well sean o mahony does). So if you arent convinced after that then i dont know what it will take!!And cmon 'snaps' to Emmet for taking the initiative to start this thread shows how much he wants it hint hint Colm(IN THE OFFICE not holligan)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Emmett,

When I went to CTYI I stayed in digs across the road and commutted from 5 mins walk away, worked out cheaper, and i got to arrive at 8am and leave at 10pm, so thats a possibility if you really want to get there.

They aren't going to kick some other student out for you.

Look up digs listings for DCU, collins avenue.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Best of luck man. It'd suck ass to miss your last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Who is emmet2?

some pics of Emmet, At ctyi
    AlissaandMe.jpg
    AlissaandMe4.jpg
    Bigtallme.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

He looks so much like his avatar it's not even funny! :D

smiles wrote:
    Emmett,

When I went to CTYI I stayed in digs across the road and commutted from 5 mins walk away, worked out cheaper, and i got to arrive at 8am and leave at 10pm, so thats a possibility if you really want to get there.

<< Fio >>

I agree with this and i know it's not going to happen, but i need to be at teh top of the cancellations list, i need to be the first in line for any spots that are made availible through cancellations or other.

And i don't think the parents would like the digs option.

He looks so much like his avatar it's not even funny! :D

not anymore, the hair hasn't been cut since the last picture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You're that guy?

Good luck man, you vaguely rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

smiles wrote:
    Emmett,

<< Fio >>
    what the hell are you doing posting here?! thought you had fallen by the wayside ages ago what with the no posting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I'd kinda prefer that I get a residential place. Nothin' personal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Yeah that sucks best of luck getting in res I hope a place opens up for you.The digs idea doesnt sound all that bad, it's nearly the same only with less rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

I'd kinda prefer that I get a residential place. Nothin' personal.
    don't you already live on the northside?? won't somebody PLEASE think of the southsiders.
    anyway, if this is the same emmet who let us skip the queue at the frames at hmv, then i would like to say that he is a very kind and generous person

don't you already live on the northside?? won't somebody PLEASE think of the southsiders.
    anyway, if this is the same emmet who let us skip the queue at the frames at hmv, then i would like to say that he is a very kind and generous person

it is indeed, a kind thoughtful person who always look to help others...........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

it is indeed, a kind thoughtful person who always look to help others...........
    he who walks on water :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Starbabe

let me be residential too!
    I didn't get sess2 either. commuting or sess1 only.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
    :(:confused::( :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I want res.

GIMME!!!!!!!!1111oneone

Podge you cant live there after you've graduated :P

• Advertisement

smiles wrote:
    Emmett,

<< Fio >>

Fionnuala, thanks for your help, it was actually really worthwile, my parents have started to seriously consider this as an option. Have you any more details? Numbers? Prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

wait
    have people gotten stuff saying what courses they got??
    cos...whaa?
    people are talking about not getting res and such forth...

nope, there was nothing about courses on the letter, just a note asking if you wanted to change to res/commuter session 1 or a commuter session2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

really? when'd you get that?
    im guessing s2 must be re-heeeally over subscribed....
    and dude! you let us skip that queue...
    your rockingness knows no bounds

got it on thursday, they wanted an answer by friday. I'm optimistic about this digs option now though. I've thought about it rationally and it could work well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yeah and you can have a par-tay for all the res. people who can get off campus for the night. *nudgenudge*

well since you were less than supportive earlier you won't be invited!

NAh, it's still gonna be strict enough in digs anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

How's that?

(Someone correct me if i'm wrong) but most digs are similar to the situation at a Gaeltacht, with a bean an tí. You're in someone else's house.

• Advertisement

well depends on the kinda digs you're living in - you'll either be in a single bedroom literally in someones house, or if your parents have more cash to spend you might get the equivalent of a single bed apartment...in someones house :P

Advertisement