Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Emmet A Residential Place!

Options

Comments

well it's not gonna cost any more than the difference between residential and commuter, 3 weeks budget- €300, doubt it'll be an apartment yoke.
    Anyone know any places around Collins Avenue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭HeyYou

That place where Dermo was hidden for the scavenger hunt was surprisingly well-sheletered, down the steps by the library. With a cardboard box and a warm scarf you could comfortably live there for the three weeks. You could scare the sportugitalianards as a bonus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

yeah, but he'd probably lose 1/2 of his body weight walking up and down the steps and another 1/2 eating the canteen food.

That leaves... (quick mental calculation...) erm... not much emmet to go around! (which alyssa won't like.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Starbabe

i'm on the cancellation list at the moment, but i've opted for session1 rather than nothing.

yeah, session 2 was way over subscribed, like by 100 people or something. and they have just less than 100 places spare on session 1!

hey, see when all the session 1ers go to blance or whatever, all the available session 2ers could come and visit me! pleassseee...... pretty pleasseee...... :o

Cara are any of your friends changing to session 1 then?

• Advertisement

no.

i can't make them leave all their other friends behind and some can't move because of their junior cert. i wish the ones who could move would.

people were saying to me that i'll be in the class 5 minutes and i'll have friends, but its not the same, i want my old ones.

i'll know a few people in session 1 like Conor Neenan and Anna Maguire (i think). And Matthew Taffe might be going as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Jarge should be there, so should Rory. You can seek them out, or summit.

Yay, Jarge. I feel so much happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

*tearful sniff... :( *

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Starbabe wrote:
    I'll know a few people in session 1 like Conor Neenan and Anna Maguire (i think)
    Say 'hi' to Anna for me if she's there. Haven't talked to her in forever.

You'll be sorely missed, Cara m'dear! Visit us in sesion 2 if you can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

No Cara at sesh2? but....but...NO!!! it's not allowed!

I'll visit you at sesh1 if y'want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Katie-Bob

Cara I hope to God you get a place sess 2 but at least now you might be able to do Drama......it still won't be the same without you. And I only knew you for 1 yr! Miss ya hun!

gosh its sad. Cathal, no more tearful sniffs! you'll make me even sadder!

Yes, everyone should come to blanch or santry with the session 1ers, and have a reunion specially for us unlucky people who didn't quite make it. that would be good.

but on a lighter note- Ha! i have more posts than Katie Bob! :D

COME VISIT ME!!! I appoint Dave Franklin as organiser of this wonderful reunion. Unless he doesn't want to or can't or someone else wants to more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, I'll do it. It'll be weird not having you around dear, having known you form the beginning. :(

Aww, thanks. It'll be so wierd not knowing that many people. Especially people that have always been there and now aren't going to be. Super oddness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

heehee, i love how this thread has become so completely not about emmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Who?

No, seriously.

Maybe it should be a joint 'be nice to me, i got an unfortunate letter' thread. But at least he gets to go to session 2!

*sniff sniff* :(

i'll be commuting 3 hours a day, and if not i'll be stayin in a bedsit across the road. it is better than session 1 but only a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

3Hours?! You live in Harold's cross! 15 minutes into O'Connell Street and another twenty out to DCU. Doing that twice doesn't add up to three hours man!

• Advertisement

Clearly you've never done the Across town bus at rush hour. I commuted for my first 4 days ever in Ctyi, and almost died! the bus across took almost 2 hours on the first day, i was late, the bus home had me home at 23:15, i left at 9!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You'd almost be better to walk at that rate ffs. Good look with the digs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Get a bike ya lazy ****er

From theaa.com

To: Ballymun,Dublin

Total Distance: 6.7 miles
    Total Time: 0 hr 17 min
    Acc Dist Route Directions
    0.00 0.00 N81 Start out at Harolds Cross,Dublin
    Leave by N81 towards City Centre
    0.20 0.20 N81 Junction 57 (Dublin South Ring)
    At traffic signals forward (signposted City Centre)
    1.80 1.60 N1 DUBLIN
    Follow signs Belfast N1
    4.10 2.30 N1 Drumcondra ("Millmount House" public house)

4.60 0.50 R102 Junction with Griffith Avenue
    At traffic signals turn left R102 (no sign)
    5.40 0.80 R108 Junction with R108
    At traffic signals forward (one-way) and at ensuing traffic signals turn right and take left lane to turn left into Ballymum Road R108
    6.20 0.80 R108 Junction with R103
    At traffic signals forward (signposted Ballymun)
    6.70 0.50 R108 Arrive at Ballymun

- - - Section time 0:17, Total time 0:17
    You have reached your destination.
    If only it took 17 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

you can get in and out on the 16 40 minutes to 1.20 each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Meh, I commuted from Firhouse my first year in CTYI. I left my house at 6.30 every morning and got home at 10.30pm. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

ahahah, firhouse, i get it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

.......wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Commuted last year...YES, I am well aware of the fact that I live in Cavan and NO, I did not commute from there.

Stayed at my sisters on the Navan Road, got a bus to O'Connell Street, then one from there to DCU. Got up 'round 6.50am, and I tended to get a bus at 7.20am, I'd say, and be at O'Connell street by 8am at the worst. always got to DCU by 8.30am at the latest..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

Emmet i know how you feel i'm in the same boat as you, but hopefully we'll both get our res place. But there is around a hundred extra people applying for session2 this year and barely anyone for session1.... pierce

Advertisement