Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sosume

Options
  • 21-04-2005 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

anyone know what the story is with this place? i heard its going gay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

I heard its gone

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I assume by "Sosume", you mean "The Dragoon"...

Everyone's heard mixed stuff - which is something the management should try and sort out. Straight people think it's gay, gay people aren't that sure....The last time I was in there, a Saturday night, it was in no way themed - lots of folk just drinking their pints with a match on the telly. A rumour I heard is that there's a planned relaunch later around the time of the Gay Theatre Festivael to mark it as a fully gay bar. We'll see.

Obligatory mention: Gay people can drink in any bar and vice versa. But I get your point anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I went in last weekend and I was told at the door that it is a "Gay bar" !! Great night club btw :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I went in last weekend and I was told at the door that it is a "Gay bar" !! Great night club btw :cool:

Yeah a big group of us went there on Saturday night. The bouncers didn't say anything to us girls but told all the guys that it's now a gay bar.

We stayed and had one of the best nights out I've had in a long time. Still would prefer the old Sosume back but gay bars are great craic and I'll be going back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

ixoy wrote:
    Obligatory mention: Gay people can drink in any bar and vice versa. But I get your point anyway...

Not true. They've invented some sort of scanner now to pick it up. It's like a metal detector, I think they called it gaydar...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The bouncer tryed to frisk me on the way in but I told him he'd have to buy me a drink first ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I was in there with my Sister and her Husband last year, nice pub.

I like the whole Oriental style in there. So, when did it go gay? And whats wrong with straight men going into a Gay bar? Why should it change to a gay bar anyway? Can't all sexualities just drink in any pub? Or is it just that its easier for a gay to score in a pub knowing that its Gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Or is it just that its easier for a gay to score in a pub knowing that its Gay?
    Bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

swiss wrote:
    Bingo.
    They do that too?? Mad stuff, head to head against the G?

(Let confusion reign supreme) :p

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

swiss wrote:
    Bingo.

Well then why don't they have some sort of straight nightclub were desperate people can score easily.

Oh sorry they do. Its called Coppers.
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement