Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wheres the best place to buy comics in dublin?

Options
  • 21-04-2005 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi, im new here,i was wonderin if anyone could help me.its my boyfriends 21st birthday coming up soon and he is a batman fanatic!!!!! absolute fanatic.i know very little on the subject of comics and suchlike and want to get him an old batman comic poss from the late 80's(around the time he read them as a kid),for his birthday.
    really hope someone can help. i wouldnt know where to look or what to ask for........

dea

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Forbidden planet amazing shop with loads of comics and action figures on the quays on your way up to towards the phoenix park on the left hand side near a subway sandwich bar and loads of internet cafes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

This post has details for comic stores in Dublin.

As for what to get him...obviously check and make sure you don't duplicate something he's already got, but from my (admittedly little) experience of the shops in Dublin, Sub City has a better stock of back issues than Forbidden Planet. You could try and get an original issue of one of the classic stories from the 80s (although the only one I can think of, not being a big Batman follower, iwould be the Dark Knight Returns miniseries, which could well be quite expensive).

There's also a new collected book of Batman stories out that I've seen in Other Realms in Cork, so the Dublin shops should have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Go to the 3rd plae and talk to John there he will help you find something. Also consider getting you boy friend the new Batman Year 1 HC if he don't got it already.

• Site Banned Posts: 159 ✭✭Drummer

Try Easons or any good newsagents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

The title here is getting into that dodgy area - when 'best' is mentioned.

As for comic shops in general, Fysh has already been kind enough to put up details about the shops in dublin, including contact details. Please read his link, or just on the front page, go to the store information sticky at the top.

I'm going to leave this for now, as if you're just looking for comics in general, you could even try a newsagent. However, if this does generate more into a 'best store in dublin' thread I will lock it. Just be warned - Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dea

Thanks a million for all ur help guys,i relly didnt know where to start so thought id ask the experts..... thanks a mil..dea :D

Advertisement