Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Celica

• 21-04-2005 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Does anybody here own a classic Toyota Celica ?

I have spotted a growing number of them at various shows over the last few years, both original Irish reg and recent imports !

Some Celica links:

www.toyotacelicaonline.com
    www.toyotacelicasupra-ma61.co.uk/index.html
    (includes details of Toyota Enthusiasts Club, which has many members in Ireland)

Some pics of Celicas from the first to the mid eighties models ......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I wouldn't call mine a classic but I plan on holding on to it. I doubt if they'll ever be classics the way a Capri or a Mustang is. I think they were just never popular enough when they were new. Even a Carlos Sainz can be picked up for pennies these days - it's running the fecker that's the expensive part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

What year is your Celica ?

Funny you should mention the Mustang - the Mk1 Celica hatcback is styled like a Mustang !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Silvera wrote:

Funny you should mention the Mustang - the Mk1 Celica hatcback is styled like a Mustang !

Especially the back end of it:
    g.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

We have an 88 celica in black celica.jpg (not car) been resprayed and getting re-trimed in black leather.Missing a few bits so if anybody spots one for breaking let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Silvera wrote:

'96. The latest model GT-Four.

If I still have it in 20 years (not impossible but unlikely - they don't like being in storage) I can't see anyone walking up to me and saying "I've always wanted one of those" and start throwing all sorts of nostalgia at me. Most people don't know what it is today. People ask what I drive and I get a blank look when I say "GT4".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

All the better - in 20 yrs time you will have a rare classic ! ;)

Advertisement