Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

25th Anniversary Golf GTI

Options
  • 21-04-2005 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if these were ever sold in Ireland, they only came to my attention last week when i saw one in the UK, when a chap i was meeting was driving one, i have never been so taken aback by a car, i just have to get one, they look absolutely amazing in the flesh with the ltd edition 18" BBS rims and the special edition body kit and the uprated sports suspension with the 180bhp lump, so to get back to the point i was just wondering if they were ever sold here or will i have to get one imported from the uk and if so does anyone know of a dealship that currently has one for sale and if so €?, thanks for any help in advance, and i dont want this to turn into you should buy a BMW instead thread as so many seem to nowdays here on boards.

PICCY

Rgds

TL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Hey why not buy a BMW for that kinda money :D

What is the exact model of that golf you are looking to get!
    In my opion if you are getting a Golf....get the R32....if thats the model...damn good choice.....3.2lt of absolute power!

Have a quick look..........mmmmmm..... if only :rolleyes:
    http://www.freefoto.com/preview.jsp?id=29-40-34
    http://www.sportbilen.se/forum/bildforum/displayimage.php?album=117&pos=0
    http://www.augustaautos.com/images/reviews/2004/07/scanlan_071704_0_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

nah its known as the 'anni', its not an r32, it has the 1800 turbo engine i believe, import one from the uk if u like them, vrt isnt too bad

Who drives a car called "anni"

The chauffeur of Ms. Daisy? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

or get the same only cheaper, a Leon 20v 1.8T 180BHP. A lot rarer than a GTI :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ando wrote:
    or get the same only cheaper, a Leon 20v 1.8T 180BHP. A lot rarer than a GTI :rolleyes:

Or the Skoda Octavia RS - again same engine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Curran wrote:
    Who drives a car called "anni"
    It means "years" in Italian.

unkel wrote:
    Or the Skoda Octavia RS - again same engine :)
    Have to agree there....and everything you get in the Octavia, you have to pay a fortune to get it in the Golf

Only disadvatage is the image....and slightly bigger car!

And heavier depreciation...dodgier looks....no image.........

It means "years" in Italian.

Im not Italian.....but I was only takin the pi$$ and sayin the R32 golf would be more fun! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

lomb wrote:
    And heavier depreciation...dodgier looks....no image.........

hardly....a matter of opinion and I disagree....only for those that are not in the know ;)

If I had to buy a new car now, that I would keep for a good few years, with my own money and a budget of €25k, for sure it would be the Octavia RS

The boot is as big as the one in my BMW 735 and more accessible / practical at that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Saw a Leon 20v 1.8T last night, what a car! Gorgeous looks, and fast too, the guy just dissappeared in front of me.

The anni's nice alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

the leon cupra R & the octavia vRS were at the top of my list before i saw the anni GTI, i've test driven the octavia phoenix motors have a 2003 red one for 16000, not a bad car but not exactly a flyer out of the blocks and since i aint got no kiddies i dont think i need all that space just yet, ive got nothing to put in a boot, the Seat goes well but not too keen on the looks, so i have considered your options, and i think my mind is definitely made up just a case of when now, i would like to buy an Irish car but if not an import will have to do, if i bought it in the uk would my insurance allow me to register a uk reg'd car on my irish policy and drive it over here, while delaying on paying the VRT till the new year, will prob buy the new motor in july/august, would i get away with driving the uk car here for 4 or 5 months

rgds

TL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

If thats the 3.2L Golf, then they are available here, my wifs boss has one!

Personally i'd go for the 3.2L 156 GTA instead ;)

its a limited edition run of 1800 that comes with the 180bhp 1.8T engine it is only available in silver red or black and only in 2 door, what you are thinking of is the R32 which drinks more petrol than im prepared to put into it but lovely car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

you are thinking of is the R32 which drinks more petrol than im prepared to put into it but lovely car :D

Oh right, i'm not a big VW fan, but i saw that car in the wifes job, and thought 'Bloody Hell' i wouldn't mind thrashing around in that for a while. :rolleyes:
    If i had a machine like that, i'd take the badges off, and when some dope is annoying me, id let loose an leave 'im sittin :eek:

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kevodaly

i thought the anniversary model was available in the 150bhp diesel as well ? saw one advertised on carzone going back a few months - and theres one on autotrader in northern ireland

it was available in a 150bhp diesel but only a few were made, i might me tempted purely for fuel consumption reasons

TL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Forget the R32, the tax alone.
    You can get the 1.8T chipped and it'll perform more than well enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

People place way too much emphasis on tax, its yearly and amounts to sweet f*ck all over a 1.8t in fairness, if you're that bloody tight go buy a smelly diesel and become an obsessive mpg bore like the rest of them instead. I could be wrong but I'm sensing a flamboyant nature to Thumper Longs request, a special edition car to stand out from the crowd, I'd have to suggest none other than a Beetle RSi, very fast and can be picked up for around €25k over in germany (lhd only though)- a future classic for sure and I'd give them 10/10 for cornering on midtown madness II.

rsi3.jpg
    http://www.fast-autos.net/volkswagen/volkswagenrsi.html

You shouldn't lower yourself to any of that oul scoda or seát manure, economy cars specifically designed with hoi polloi mucksavageens in mind and apart from anything else your neighbours & inlaws would deem you to be a complete failure and possibly even snub you at cocktail parties etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

528i .. that site is a little strange. It claims the CurpaR 2003 (1.8T) has a top speed of 250mph.

http://www.fast-autos.net/seat/03seatcuprar.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

savage, maybe he put a 57i K&N induction kit into it ? :D

the beetle RSI is nice but the lhd only is a killer dont think i could cope with that or the 3.0L tax, so i think i'll settle for the 1.8T and get a dual engine remap to improve performance, that will keep the car as close to original as possible, now the only thing to decide is red black or silver :D

the beetle RSI is nice but the lhd only is a killer dont think i could cope with that or the 3.0L tax, so i think i'll settle for the 1.8T and get a dual engine remap to improve performance, that will keep the car as close to original as possible, now the only thing to decide is red black or silver :D

as 528i says its all in the mind 3litre tax is only 500 euro more than 1.8l tax. now seeing as a car of that caliber will be costing u over 7000 euro to drive for the sake of 7% u seem to be obsessed by it. depreciation is by far and away the BIGGEST loss and dwarfs road tax or fuel costs for average milages by a long way.

lomb wrote:
    as 528i says its all in the mind 3litre tax is only 500 euro more than 1.8l tax. now seeing as a car of that caliber will be costing u over 7000 euro to drive for the sake of 7% u seem to be obsessed by it. depreciation is by far and away the BIGGEST loss and dwarfs road tax or fuel costs for average milages by a long way.

agreed the tax is rather insignificant, its just a pet hate of mine along with VRT, the government make enough money from the inherent tax included in a litre of petrol, ive paid the 1343 ona 3.0TT Supra, so when i dont think about it it doesn't bother me too much, and if its the right car its worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

/me can't wait for the 30th aniversary Golf Mark V

Advertisement