Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Note Licensed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

How is this a good thing? It might mean that i'd have to wait till they're released here before i get the end of the story, and that would be bad :( it being my second favourite manga of all time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Well it's a good thing because we won't have to read it from ****ty magazine scans anymore and it will (hopefully) get a decent translation. Besides, I will always buy the English versions of series I have already read scans of and enjoyed, to support the creators. Furthermore, there are only 5 or 6 tanks out in Japan at the moment anyway aren't there? We won't have to wait that long to catch up. '20th Century Boys' on the other hand.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

saado wrote:
    How is this a good thing? It might mean that i'd have to wait till they're released here before i get the end of the story, and that would be bad :( it being my second favourite manga of all time :(

Hmm. I have to admit that there is very little I despise more than people complaining when a manga/anime they like has been lisenced. If you're too cheap to buy the goddamn thing, then you have no right to complain about the fact that you might be forced to end your reading/watching of illegal copies.

If its your second favourite manga or whatever, then you should be glad that its getting more exposure over here. Whining about having to wait for it to be released is neither here nor there - and besides, if its popular enough to be lisenced, its popular enough for a few pirates to continue scanlating it. When Naruto was lisenced, practically every site on the net was filled with morons complaining about it, and I wanted to kill them all. You need to understand that when a show is lisenced it is a good thing. It is helping our industry grow and making anime/manga available in English in DVD/print quality.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

Oh, I will be buying it, there's no doubt about it, the scans I have of it are quite low quality and I would prefer to own it on paper anyway.
    I have no problem with anything being licensed at all, in fact I pretty much hate when people get annoyed over the licensing of their favourite shows/manga for fear of poor translations/editing, or just plain not being able to get it for free. As far as i'm concerned the wait is pretty much all the problem i have with the manga being licensed, with such a cliffhanger at the end of Chapter 59 I'm just disappointed with the timing more than anything else. I've only been waiting a month since 59 was released and I'm nearly torn up with anticipation :( I'm admittedly not a patient man, and a year(going by viz' normal release patterns) is a long time to wait for such a fantastic story to end. Admittedly(or hopefully) it shouldn't be too long before they reach Book 6, but from what i hear there will be another 6-8 volumes after that, and since the first book wont be out till October it will be a long (and hopefully worthwhile) wait :(

Advertisement