Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veritas Party

Options
  • 21-04-2005 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I'm watching an interview with Kilroy on Sky News and I have to say that if I lived in England, I would vote for this party.

He's only saying what everyone else is thinking IMO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,196 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Was that his election broadcast I saw on the TV just now?

Edit: It was the BNP broadcast that was just on... same stuff though from veritas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

I'm watching an interview with Kilroy on Sky News and I have to say that if I lived in England, I would vote for this party.

You're taking the piss, aren't you?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

· To the website of our newest political party, where we begin to get a sense of the "totally different approach" its leader promises. The top story on veritasparty.co.uk cites a Daily Mail poll which asks: "Would you vote for Robert Kilroy-Silk's Veritas party?" "Currently," reveals the site excitedly, "the findings are that 32% say they would vote for Veritas. The latest YouGov poll ... is as follows: Labour 42%, Conservative 30%, Lib Dems 21%, Others 7%. Assuming that Veritas were to take its votes equally from all parties," it goes on - but no, we're awfully sorry, we must have misread. Might we have that again? "Assuming that Veritas were to take its votes equally from all parties, then Veritas would top the polls." Jesus wept. "The revised figures would be: Veritas 32%, Labour 28.56%, Conservatives 20.4%, Lib Dems 14.28%, Others 4.76%." You've obviously got a fantastically clever psephologist on board, says the Diary's Simon Goodley when he calls party HQ. Now, given you're rather light on members, can we expect whoever came up with this to take the role of chancellor when you form the inevitable government in May? "I'll get back to you," says spokesman Patrick Eston. Well, no hurry.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/diary/story/0,,1408716,00.html

Well if the guy who does the economic policy uses the same logic as the bloke who does the polling, I'm reversing my move to london.......

Ah Guardian diary, it doth ease the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 themurt

Poor Robert Kilroy-Silk, didn't get his own way while part of UKIP so started his own gang. Went to Europe for a while and made a gimp of himself. Hung out with the UK Travellers (and a Channel 4 film crew) for a week to convince himself of his own righteousness and to prove how he's not going to flip-flop on his policies/opinions.... then went home to his big house in the country (no caravans on his land, thank you very much) paid for with BBC (ie, UK TV License payers) money.

If you get a chance check out this site to find out some of the things Mr. Kilroy-Silk has said about certain races (including the Irish):

http://bfewster.members.gn.apc.org/euro/kilroy.htm

"In 1992 the Daily Express apologised for printing a Kilroy column which described Ireland as a country peopled by peasants, priests and pixies. (9 Nov 1992.) He has been wary of going public on the subject ever since, though a couple of years ago his Sunday Express column included a swipe at "no-mark countries such as Belgium and Ireland" (28 Jul 2002) - "no-mark" being a favourite Kilroy expression of contempt."

Does anyone remember Screaming Lord Such and the Monster Raving Looney Party? At least with him everyone knew he was taking the piss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

Kilroy is an absolute idiot and he was shown up for what he is when he was a member of UKIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Quantum

he's a very likeable guy and very persuasive in some ways.... but he's the looniest tune in the orchestra right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Quantum wrote:
    he's a very likeable guy and very persuasive in some ways.... but he's the looniest tune in the orchestra right now.

No he has great hair and tan, if you actually listen to what he says he's an incoherant xenophobic moron.

Advertisement