Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boondock Saints

• 21-04-2005 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard/seen the Boondock Saints, I saw it quite a while ago but nobody seems to know of it. I quite liked it and there is meant to be a sequel to it soon. What did you think of it?

imdb link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah it's a cult film alright, a great one at that. I came accross it a couple of years back browsing on play. Bought it and loved it. Looking forward to the sequal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Loved it, came across it by accident on SKY. Then bought the DVD. I think the sequel was delayed while they waited for Dafoe to become available. Check out the site:

http://www.boondocksaints.com/

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's definetly a good film, and well worth seeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

had to check to see if that was the film i thought you were talking about.

up their with the worst films i've seen. maybe i wasn't in the mood but i just remember the 2 brothers being awful actors and Dafoe just sucked.

maybe i have to see it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

This came highly reccomended to me and I found it to be fairly crap....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

Thought it was a great film. Strange to see Billy Connolly with guns though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Etain

I love that movie! I waited for the sequel.....it was due out Sept. 2004... and then nothing. Imbd has it listed as status unknown. The website is interesting, but hasn't been updated in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Superb film alright, wouldnt think it would make for a good sequel though, if they did it would be very haphazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Yes.. great film alright. Should have been a lot more commercially successful than it was...

I'd lost a lot of respect for Willem Dafoe after the whole Speed 2 thing, but when I seen him in this, my respect for him was reinstated...
    The scenes with him in drag are genius... but scary at the same time
    :eek:

Thumbs up from me...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I thought it was dreadful. Like the Brothers McMullen with guns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

ridiculously overrated film, tis really a piece of crap that has somehow managed to get a crazy cult following

probably one of my poorer dvd purchases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I'd lost a lot of respect for Willem Dafoe after the whole Speed 2 thing, but when I seen him in this, my respect for him was reinstated...
    The scenes with him in drag are genius... but scary at the same time
    :eek:

Ha yeah that was kinda creepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i consider it a real film studant film. alot of scenes and movements in it are just there because its cool and other scenes were overblown to a stupid degree.
    esp. alot with the italian, the whole slow motion scene after he is on the phone to the brothers makes me cringe.
    but for william dafoe the film is worth watching. its a film for after a piss up with a few mates.

the director gives me the impression that he would be more akin to music videos...and sure enough he was in a band...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I thought it was great. But can't see a sequel being all that great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Thought it was a nice easy to watch movie. But I dont know about a sequel..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i always knew they had the depth of faith that was required to go as far as is needed.

heard about the sequel a few years ago though and still.. nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

I though it was good.. The bit with him flying over the wall with the sink was weird! (or was it the toilet, can't remem..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Ms Beanbag wrote:
    I though it was good.. The bit with him flying over the wall with the sink was weird! (or was it the toilet, can't remem..)

A toilet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Absolute load of sh!te. Something I have been waiting to see for a few years though is Overnight. Review here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Twas good enough, but very cheesy...
    Entertaining though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

The sequel is in "development hell" at the moment, due to the director being a complete prick basically.

Dont expect the sequel any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Just watched this film, for the 100th time. Such a good movie. Defoe is amazing.

Sean Patrick Flannery is a 4th degree Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭emo72

18 year bump. This thread is like witnessing time travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well it is Halloween week so it’s Zombie thread time.

Advertisement