Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Admin? A debate!

Options
  • 22-04-2005 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

WTF is Trojan?

Sorry but thats not a name I see a lot! :confused:

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

haha yeah I dont know whats going on.

If you want another admin give it to WhiteWashMan,Giblet or Beruthiel, at least I see posts from these every day!

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

I second Mercury Tilt's proposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I fail to see your logic Xcom2, your choice of admin is based solely on where a person's posts are most obvious to you? That doesn't seem like a great way of choosing an admin in the slightest.

Kevin, if Trojan was made admin in the morning I'm pretty sure his "idiocy/stupidity is a bannable offence" mantra would cover this entire site.

Be careful what you wish for petal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Amz wrote:
    Kevin, if Trojan was made admin in the morning I'm pretty sure his "idiocy/stupidity is a bannable offence" mantra would cover this entire site.

That's enough for me.

Troj for Admin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Xcom2 wrote:
    WTF is Trojan?

Sorry but thats not a name I see a lot! :confused:

X

I've of the opinion if the opinion of the admins feel they need another admin, they'll decide on someone, but that a suggestion could be appreicated. Also I think modding AH should be a form of community service.

Mind you I'm also of the opinion that if DeVore tells us we've always been at war with Eurasia, we've always been at war with Eurasia......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Anyone but WWM - so, Trojan. I remember Trojan being very much into the security side of things and helping out on that side for boards.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I can't say I've got any problems with Trojan for chancellor, er... Admin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

No complaints here.
    "idiocy/stupidity is a bannable offence"
    Boardsie could do with a bit more of this tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Simu = SuperMod 4 Gold Stars (AMZ points out was,its like Corrie around here^^)
    Luctus = SuperMod 4 Gold Stars

Trojan for Admin ya would give full support - always hammering away.

Nukem

Not any more Nukem, sheesh! Pay attention would you?

She's Cat. Mod. of Sci now.

maybe someone should vote for Amz, she has a lot of modding experience. Is this even a vote, i didn't think votes were the boards.ie way.

maybe someone should vote for Amz, she has a lot of modding experience. Is this even a vote, i didn't think votes were the boards.ie way.

He he - the way shes climbing the ladder is immense. What was it last time 2 modschips in a month and a Cat Mod job now.

Watch this space ...............

maybe the admins could do with a the female perspective. i've always though boards was a bit patriarchal.

Amz wrote:
    I fail to see your logic Xcom2, your choice of admin is based solely on where a person's posts are most obvious to you? That doesn't seem like a great way of choosing an admin in the slightest.

The fourms I usually read are after hours/IoffL/Broadband/PI/Satellite/Horror/Comics/Feedback and Soccer. I would imagine several of those would take up a lot of space here and I dont remember Trojan 's name ever jumping out at me?

I also read loads of others(no offence to Trojan)but his/her name does not stand out!

X

Well she would generally strike me as the type of woman who favours quality over quantity as regards posting.

i didn't know that vexborg dude existed until the other day so i don't think post count is an important aspect for consideration.

by your reasoning, there would almost be a case for young shrimp taking on the role.

tbh i've no idea what being an "admin" requires in terms of time, awareness, knowledge, temperment, etc. etc.

but either way Trojan or Amz.

OR BRING BACK ECKSOR

Ecksor's name didnt really stand out either in the spammy forums - UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE

MUAHAHAHAHA

/I miss him/it/bot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think we need a speech from Trojan clarifying the matter.I think this is all a smokescreen for an appointment thats already been made. :)

Amz wrote:
    Well she would generally strike me as the type of woman who favours quality over quantity as regards posting.

and I dont?

X

Seamus,Sceptre,WWM <<< >>>

i didn't know that vexborg dude existed until the other day so i don't think post count is an important aspect for consideration.

by your reasoning, there would almost be a case for young shrimp taking on the role.

tbh i've no idea what being an "admin" requires in terms of time, awareness, knowledge, temperment, etc. etc.

but either way Trojan or Amz.

OR BRING BACK ECKSOR

Does anyone know the phone number for the UN?

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Merc for admin tbh.

Mercury Tilt for admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Seamus or Trojan would be perfect Admin appointments IMO.

Cant discount bubbles though Merc - who knows what his combined post count is across the multiple accounts that span this very forum!

But I digress..

Azezil for admin - that would be hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Would you be interested in the position Mercury?

Advertisement