Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thursday at the Point

• 22-04-2005 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I just got back from The Point and I thought the show was great. The highlights for me:

- JBL coming out to "Irish Rover" wearing a Leprechaun hat and waving the Irish flag. I'm his biggest critic but even I was on my feet at that but he then went on to say that the fact we were cheering made us idiots. When he stomped on the Irish flag the crowd was really p*ssed off. Kurt's music then hit and he started stomping on the hat! Then Show and Cena came out and the match was good with Cena getting FUing Angle onto JBL to pin the two of them.

- What a chair shot Cena took from JBL! I didn't expect blood either and how often is it that you see Cena bleed anyway?

- Crowd's reaction to Carlito - how great was this? Jindrak had not got a hope of getting a bigger reaction than Carlito and it seemed like Carlito was genuinely surprised! I think the ending of that match was altered as well as Jindrak nailed Carlito with that punch of his but Carlito kicked out and used the ropes to get the 3 count!

- Undertaker - The entrance was great and the crowd gave him tons of respect. It was good to see the Tombstone hit on Orlando.

- Announcement - What a great pop there was at the news that Austin was coming to the RDS in June. I really want to see the Rattlesnake!

Overall, I thought it was very good and a good night's entertainment. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I also attended the show last night, and it was definitely worth it. The superstars gave it their all throughout the night. The highlights for me were:

- Carlito's brilliant reaction
    - Angle constantly running away from the Big Show
    - Any time Big Show got the hot tag into the ring
    - When Austin appearing at the RDS was announced
    - Undertaker hitting the Tombstone
    - When someone near me yelled "Will you marry me, Melina?"

Overall, a top quality show. You can bet I'll be going to the RDS show in June, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 thebuyer

I went with my son and although I know nothing about wwe and didnt know any of the personalities I really enjoyed the show.
    The actual wrestling was thouroughly entertaining, the crowd fantastic and the organiasation highly professional - my 8 yr. old is quite small and could'nt see and one of the ushers took the time to look for a better seat that had'nt been taken and moved us.
    When I first bought the tickets I was thinking "what a rip-off"...I was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

thebuyer wrote:
    - my 8 yr. old is quite small and could'nt see and one of the ushers took the time to look for a better seat that had'nt been taken and moved us.

Have ye ever actually noticed underneath the stand that you get the two escalators up to, there's two giant pillars and there's actually seats behind them?! Thats so wrong to actually put seat behind there. when we went to the nwa show a few years back we were kinda behind em but were able to jump into the row in front cos no-one was sitting there. Think its bit of a disgrace that their allowed sell them!!

Advertisement