Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

point 21/4

• 22-04-2005 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Here's a rundown of what went down:

Tony Chimmel comes out,welcomes us and introduces Teddy Long:
    Big pop for Teddy,announces that tonight JBL & Kurt Angle will take on Big Show and Cena.
    Tag titles on the line-MNM defend against Eddy and Rey.
    Says that due to Orlando interfering in last night's title match, he will take on THE UNDERTAKER!
    On to the show-

Rene Dupree V Hardcore Holly
    Crowd popping huge for Holly. Huge boos and Ireland chants against Rene. Ends with Alabama Slam.
    Winner- Holly.
    Good little opener, crowd was really into it.

Cruiserweight battle royal
    Akio,Scotty,Nunzio,Spike,Funaki,Kidman,London,Chavo.
    No entrances,just all walk out to SD! theme. Funny spots with Spike being eliminated,running back in and being eliminated again,happened about 3 times. Went down to Kidman,London,Chavo.They doubleteam London,he fights back and eliminates Chavo then immediately eliminates Kidman.Seemed to be a screwup-think Kidman was supposed to hang on,his feet hit the floor,refs and ring announcer look on in confusion and he lets go of ropes.
    Winner-London

Luther Reigns V Charlie Haas
    Huge boos for Reigns,moderate pop for Charlie.Luther wins with his finisher.Haas seemed hurt legit, refs around him as he lay on mat for aa few mins, left to cheers.
    Winner-Luther Reigns

Heidenreich V Booker T
    HUGE pop for Booker T and spinaroonie chants. A good match,crowd really into it. Booker T wins with his kick thingy.He did spinaroonie also!
    Winner-Booker T

JBL and Angle V Big Show and Cena
    JBL comes out to Irish music,with an Irish flag, dressed as a leprachaun and doing an Irish jig.VERY FUNNY!He says he looks just like us and he hates it.In Ireland the women are hideous and the men are gay.HUGE boos for him.He introduces an American hero-Kurt Angle and they beat the crap out of the flag.VERY FUNNY!Fun spots in match with Show in with JBL,Angle would have his hand out for tag but pulls away when JBL near.Show would shush the crowd and do his LOUD chops in corner. Ends with Angle slam to Show over top rope, FU to JBL,FU to Angle on to JBL,Cena pins em both.
    Winners-Show and Cena
    After match,HUGE beatdown by Angle,JBL,Bashams,Orlando to Cena.Lasted about ten minutes. Really sick chairshot and Cena is left a bloody mess while Show is down on outside.

INTERMISSION

MNM v Eddie/Rey
    Horrible,really slow,boring match.Was about ten minutes before the first move and the teams did not gel at all.Crowd had no idea who MNM were or that they were champs.Funny O V DUB chants!Ends with Melina distracting Eddie and MNM finishing Rey.After, Rey and Eddie attack and a 619 to MNM(including Melina)
    Winners-MNM

Cena comes out,says he wants JBL and Angle.Long tells him he should be in hospital.JBL and Angle out,massive brawl including cruisers,Holly and Haas.Show saves Cena from JBL and Angle.

Carlito V Mark Jindrak
    HUGE pop for Carlito!Crowd hated Jindrak with a passion.Match had no flow to it.Backdrop sent Carlito REALLY high into air getting a HOLY **** chant.Rushed finish with Carlito pinning with foot on ropes.
    Winner-Carlito

Dawn Marie V Torrie
    (ref-Jackie,ring announcer-Joy)
    Jackie inexplicably attacks Torrie,Joy saves her and counts the pin on Dawn.
    Winner-Torrie

Long comes out,announces that SD! is returning in June to RDS(which is open air!)Main event will be Cena V JBL V Angle(interesting no Show,a switch to RAW?)Announces ref will be STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!)

Orlando Jordan V Undertaker
    Naturally,huge pop for Taker. Slow match, Taker noticably limping, Jordan worked leg to make it look like he injured Taker but it was really obvious that Taker needs surgery.He did all his trademarks, seemed to really hurt hip on legdrop on apron.Boring chants by crowd and somepeople left,but it wasn't that bad.Ends with Orlando hitting Taker with belt to get DQd. He gloats but Taker sits up and attacks,tombstoning him. Taker leaves,really seemed to struggle on steps, it was really sad he gave his all despite his injury,and got a standing ovation.

End.

Biggest pops:
    Taker
    Cena
    Eddie
    Rey
    Carlito

Biggest heat:
    Jindrak(seriously he was supposed to be the face and crowd really hated him)
    JBL
    Angle
    Dupree
    MNM(more a who the heck are you type silence)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭cutepape

This was my first WWE Live event.

I must say that I did enjoy the show.. but I really missed the Michael Cole and Tazz.. It was unusuall to see the event without hearing the commentators..

"Cena has lost sooo much blood.. this is severe.."

(hope you c past my spelling.. from sweden.. ;)

Anyway.. the event was grand and I hope I can get hold of some tickets to the summer bash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

really enjoyed it but i thought raw was better last year

i also noticed teh cruiser weight f-up

we all had great fun cheering on jbl and angle and watching all the kids around us look andscream at us saying we were evil :D

and as usual the girls looked amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Some of the things Yargle said were way off the mark. Firstly in regards to the stalling in the rey eddie match at the beginning. My guess is being that the great workers that they are and the fact that they have fully functioning eyes probably meant that they saw that alot of the crowd were n't back from the intermission so they slowed things down at the start. Thats smart, people paid money to see them and they would have been pissed off if they missed it. Secondly to the match was boring after seeing some of the moves they pulled off but particuliarly Rey is just ridiculous. In my opinon the majority of the wrestlers really worked hard last especially when you look at the brutal schedule they have. I also liked how it kinda felt like a live show with the Cena beat down angle runnning through the show instead of just 10 great but random matches one after another like last year. Overall a a very god house show with strong work ethic by most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

anyone got any pics from last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Raw was better last year Its just that there was so much crap talent on the show it diluted the enjoyment on the show ,there was only 2 decent matches on the show in my opinion(The two tag matches(and Taker made the effort with Orlando apart from that it was rather average to be honest but Austin coming in June I cant wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭cutepape

Got a nice close-up of a bloody Cena beeing carried out.. ringside.. :D

maybe post it tonight when I get home from work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, not sure I'd be back to a Smackdown house show in a hurry - as has already been mentioned, last year's Raw blows it away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 yargle

my point(pardon the pun) was that the tag title match just didn't seem right.obviously,the two teams haven't worked together much and need to get a feel together but it just felt really like they didn't gel.they did all try their hardest but it just felt a bit off or something.will be interesting to see how MNM progress and improve and the potential is there for some great matches between the teams(well if eddy n rey stay together)but last night,while there were some good spots,the overall match just didn't seem to work.

But you accept my point about the reason for all the stalling ?..........I'll make a prediction here that if these 2 tag teams meet on pay per view it will be the match of the night. Again I'll repeat myself due to the schedule they have which is just brutal the match was very well put together. You can't expect wrestling classics when you see how many night in a row they have to wrestle but you can expect and should get a match where everyone works hard and is enjoyable to watch. I think they gave us that. I also thought they "clicked" pretty well but they had only wrestled each other once before that so I guess its a learning curve for all those involved but particularly MNM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 yargle

yeah,i accept that it was a good reason for stalling,but it also kinda annoyed a lot of people who were in their seats as it just seemed kinda pointless or something.melina is a goddess though!!!good lord...what was everyones fave matches of the night?for me it was JBL/Angle V Cena/Show.the beatdown at the end was class...lousy cena!

• Advertisement

lol it was pointless for me and u but not for the people who were nt there like a quarter of the building. You'd have alot of pissed off people who spent alot of money on tickets if they missed it. So yeah pointless for me and you but it was n't done for me and you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

I was just comin out of the toilets (mental queues) when the eddie/rey match was starting and I had to run like a mad one to get back to my seat....but I didn't miss anything so i'm glad they held off for a few minutes.

10 min break was far too short I thought........

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

pretty good pics. I wish the guy in front of me was a boards member though cause he had a sweet camera that could zoom so good that i made me think i was watching tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just a little recap of what happened at the London event on Friday 22nd.

Huge arena. I feared the worst when my tickets said row ZZ, but they were actually top class. Very back row, but not very far form the ring either. The fact I could stand all i wanted helped no end.

First out was Renee Dupree. My got the heat he got was unreal, but thats hardly surprising when a guy waving a French flag comes out first in the UK. I reckon I was about the only person cheering him, much to the bemusement of everyone around me. "Facking French WAAANKAAAAAH! shouts all round. He faced Jingrak. Good match, with Dupree picking up the win with a flying elbow from the top. Jindrak was quite over, but sadly lacking in mat skills. Good opener.

Next up was a cruiserweight Battle Royal with Funaki, Kidman, Chavo, London, Moore, Spike, Akio and Nunzio. First time ever seeing a CW match in the flesh, and it was fantastic. Spike was eliminated 3 times. Unsurprisingly London was most over, and he picked up the win as well, elimintaing chavo with a hurricanrana from the top rope. Excellent match.

Ladies mact next. same as above. Jackie turned on Torrie. Joy saved the dat. No one cared.

I was surprised that the next match was Big Show & Cena Vs JBL and Orlando. Good match, with a good finish. Cena FUd JBL and Show Chokeslammed Orlando, for the double 1-2-3.

More later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Next up was MNM Vs Eddie and Rey. I must say MNM look the part alright. Good back and forth match. It went on for a good 30 mins. Eddie was way more over than Rey, but Rey was still very over. MNM picked up the win by cheating. After the match, Eddie and Rey attacked MNM, setting all 3 up for a 619. Huge pop. Got a lovely view of Melinas ass when Eddie gave her an atomic drop.

Actually before the intermission was the mact of the night, funny as it was between the Bashams and Holly & Haas. Great mact, great mat wrestling. I hope Haas gets a decent singles push. He really does have what it takes by the looks of it. Bashams win after the usual switcheroo.

Booker T Vs Heidenreich. I was amazed at the pop Booker got, and for the entire match was completely over. Cant remember much of this macth, think i used it as a piss break. Booker won anyway.

Carlito Vs Scotty. Scotty hits the worm, but somehow Carlito pins Scotty immediately after doing it. Carlito was very over, and looked good in the ring. No promo which was a pity.

Main event was Undertaker Vs Kurt Angle. Great match which went for a good 40 mins. High point was as Taker was about to go Old Skool, Angle turned it into an Angle Slam. Huge pop. He also turned a Last ride into an Ankle lock. First time seeing him live, and my god can he perform. Taker eventually picked up the win. Great match. Both were applauded, both entrances were class.

Biggest pops:
    Booker T
    Angles reverse of Old Skool
    Eddies entrance
    Reys 619
    Takers Entrance

Biggest heat.
    Dupree throughout.
    JBLs promo. The sound was ****e so I could barely make it out. It incensed people though.
    Heidenreich.
    MNMs victory.

Class show. The place booed the house down for the announcememt of the Main Event at the RDS, as they thought they were getting Austin. It seems he will be in the UK, but as time keeper and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

tried to get some photos up on here but it was taking too longjust wondering what is the easiest way to get these up?

Advertisement