Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheels wider at the back than the front?

Options
  • 22-04-2005 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Have been looking for a set of Kosei alloys and now have come across a place that stocks them, but the only thing is that he says the front 2 are 7" wide and the back 2 will be 7.5" wide... does that make sense to any of you?

if its alright then i'll go for it because the price is better than other places Ive checked aswell, but if its just that your man is taking the opportunity to get rid of some 7.5wide wheels he has hanging around, then i'll leave it and keep shopping...

7'5s will fill the arch better, but i just want to know would this upset the car's balance having larger width wheels/tyres at the rear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If the car is rear wheel drive and has a lot of power to put down (200bhp+) then wider wheels at the back make a certain amount of sense. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

As stated before, the reason for wider rear wheels than front wheels is for better grip on RWD cars.
    If your car is front wheel drive then I wouldnt bother. The reason for this is because if your buying a new 'full set' of wheels, it will cost more to get 2 7"'s and 2 7.5"s

Some people go for wider rear wheels for looks only... but in reality I would only get wider rear wheels if the car was RWD.

To answer your question, I cant be certain if it would throw your balance off, but I seriously doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

fatarse wrote:
    Have been looking for a set of Kosei alloys and now have come across a place that stocks them, but the only thing is that he says the front 2 are 7" wide and the back 2 will be 7.5" wide... does that make sense to any of you?

if its alright then i'll go for it because the price is better than other places Ive checked aswell, but if its just that your man is taking the opportunity to get rid of some 7.5wide wheels he has hanging around, then i'll leave it and keep shopping...

7'5s will fill the arch better, but i just want to know would this upset the car's balance having larger width wheels/tyres at the rear?

Got any pics of the wheels....might look well with larger ones on the rear!
    Where you getting them from?

Advertisement