Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@ dubdvd

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

the case looks impressive but with all those fans what's the airflow gonna be like? having so many could make for a very fudged up airflow. If it was me i'd be spending the 4 grand on a nice silent machine for 1000 and a 30" apple tft for 3 grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Trust me there wont be any problems with air flow ...as the left chamber is only housing the motherboard and the three fans at the front will mainly be low speed untill im overclocking ,So with the front 3 low ill have the top one above the mobo and the rear one running a little faster to draw the air out quickly as the 3 x 120mm rad will be releasing its load back into the mobo chamber but the pull from the rest of the fans will get rid of it fast eoungh ....
    as far as noise is concerned these cases with the right fans on the right speed and you wont hear a thing ...
    With all the major chips inside being water cooled even the two ram sticks and the air flow across the mobo will keep everything eles nice and cool ...
    The EMERMAX 600 WATT noisetaker psu is so so quiet for a 600watt psu ..and all the harddrives i use are hardly auduble ....so all in all the only thing ill get niose from is the 3 x 80mm fans which will be papst fans aswell ...so you wont hear them ...
    The main thing i waited when building this rig was the fact its in my bedroom as noise is a major issiue ...and i made sure i read all the reviews and forums about this case .....The other major thing was that it will be a pure modder dream case ...but like everything eles its completely down to your own taste ...it also all pulls apart cd-drive bays and hd bays and mobo side panels and so on ...plus i knew that i was going to be using water and at a later stage T.E.C.s so the fact that all the new cases have slots for two psu's ...for modding the opions of this case are never ending ...
    At the moment im planning on coming up with a way that i can put my 19" tft at the back facing out away from the case with two steel arms on either side of the case "the case is 18"x18"x18" btw" and a small motor with two rails running up the sides and the edge of the top so that when you press the power botton "or clap :D " that while windows is booting up the tft will move from the back with the help of the rails and and motor and move above the top of the case and then resting down slightly slanted on top of the case some like this here...
    http://tinypic.com/4l5z6r
    ii know the drawing isnt the best but you get the idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

very nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Ccccccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

Your old Wavemaster is very jealous :(. It can't understand how you could trade in something so sleak, for something so ..... well, fat. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

lol.

the temptation for pc madness is strong in this one.

me too come to think of it, but i've so far resisted the dark side.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

That's freakin' monstorous..
    But why push out the pixels so fast onto a 19" TFT?
    Surely 2 x Dell 24" Widescreen jobbies would be more appropriate?
    Or as the previous poster says, an Apple Cinema Display? 23/30".
    Money doesn't seem to be much of an object..

Advertisement