Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat lines not increased to 2mb ?

• 22-04-2005 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Before I get flamed, I have been searching but can't find exactly the answers I am looking for. Basically, both myself and my g/fs brother where meant to be increased to 2mb lines. However, when I check in the web configurer it says 1024 for the downstream. My questions before I have to sit on hold with esat for 2 hours are. Did anybody else have these problems ? and is checking within the modem the most acurate way of judging the speed ?

Sorry id these have been asked before (which no doubt they have) but I couldn't find them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

depends which contract you have with them, afaik only the Broadband plus contract has 2MB

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Sorry, should have mentioned we are both Broadband plus. I suppose what I am really getting at is... am I checking the speed right and did esat do this to a lot of people ?

I'm just want to check before I get onto them later. I've just come off the back of 6 weeks waiting for my line to get reactivated when I moved house and over 30 calls to them to sort it out, so I'd like to check as much as I can before I am forced to have to talk to them again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

u better ring them and report it . you wont have to wait long just use there call back feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

Ronan, I had the same problem, took about 10 days to sort out. You can send a mail to their support and get a case number. Keep mailing until it is sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I assume you've tried re-booting the modem?

I think a lot of people solved that problem that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Try rebooting the modem or calling, this has been discussed many times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement