Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid in for Ruud again

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Bannor, any new on any Arsenal activity? ie Reyes to madrid ..etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

jank wrote:
    Bannor, any new on any Arsenal activity? ie Reyes to madrid ..etc
    Reyes is stranded in North London for now, Madrid have all but signed Robinho and aren't too interested. Perez also thinks that Reyes would fall under the influence of Raul which would impede any move.

Pires is more than a tad pissed off with not being offered a new contract and has been talking to his mate Zidane and an agent in Spain. The agent is Jose Segui, he's the guy that has been touting Baros to Valencia and he also handled Gronkjaer's move to Spain. Anyway the agent has told Madrid that if Pires leaves Arsenal, Vieira and Henry will follow within 12 months.

Van Bommel has had talks with Arsenal and Man Utd but his agent has told Barcelona that he would prefer to move to Spain.

Arsenal have asked Sevilla about Sergio Ramos. There's already offers from Man Utd (€17M) and Real Madrid (€20M). Madrid have only made the offer to get the opportunity to talk to the player, they have no intention of signing him at the moment - they're just going to sweet talk him so that he doesn't join anyboy else.

Vicente won't be involved in any exchange deal for RVN.

Valencia have put two offers to Liverpool:

1) €10M plus Cañizares for Baros.

2) Baros plus cash for Vicente.

Valencia were planning on securing Jose Reina (Villareal) as replacement for Cañizares but have been told that doing a deal with Liverpool for the player so I guess they can forget about offer 1 being accepted. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Any other Man United news Bannor!?

cheesedude wrote:
    Any other Man United news Bannor!?
    Ferguson would like to rebuild the team! He's looking for a keeper, full back, centre half, central midfielders and a winger.

Goalkeeper:
    Jose Reina (Villareal) - going to Liverpool apparently, deal yet to be finalised - I think he's one of the Spain based players I mentioned in an earlier post (Diouf has been offered in part exchange).

Defenders:
    Van den Borre (Anderlecht) - enquiries made.
    Sergio Ramos (Sevilla) - €17M bid, Arsenal and Real also interested.
    Gonzalo Rodriguez (Villareal) - enquiries made, Barcelona also interested.

Midfielders:
    Van Bommel (PSV) - wants to go to Barcelona.
    Emre (Inter Milan) - has offers from Man Utd, Arsenal, Everton and his agent is keeping Liverpool informed.
    Essien (Lyon) - agreed a deal with Man Utd then everything went quiet and now he's supposed to be signing a new contract with Lyon.
    Mavuba (Bordeaux) - his agent told Real Madrid that Man Utd are also interested.
    Riquelme (Barcelona) - on loan with Villareal. Newcastle have made an offer of €10M but the player isn't interested - Kluivert didn't have anything good to say about the place. Spurs have made an enquiry and Man Utd have asked to be kept informed of the situation.

Winger:
    Vicente (Valencia) - Utd made enquiries earlier in the season and then there was the exchange offer for RVN. Since then the player has been offered to Liverpool.

Who are they likely to sign out of that list? Your guess is as good as mine. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Emre is the best news I heard all year. I'd love to see him bought.
    Gotta be a keeper bought, the question is just who

p.s. does that mean he is planning on selling or has he got a kitty?

From what I've heard the board told him the money spent on Rooney last summer was this summers transfer budget and the transfer funds would have to be made up from player sales and CL revenue. The early exit from the CL scuppered any chance of major revenue so the board is going to be forced to give him the money he needs to build the team if they want to challenge Chelsea next season.

Apart from Van Bommel (Bosman) none of the players I listed are going to be very cheap. Real have an offer of €20M in for Ramos so Utd will have to match that if they want him. Valencia would certainly value Vicente around the €20M mark and Lyon told Madrid they wanted €25M for Essien earlier in the season.

As for keepers I would expect him to get in an experienced keeper who can be relied upon instead of spending alot of money on an untried player. There were talks with Oliver Kahn last year and he certainly would be an improvement on what they have at the moment. There were rumours about Jaaskelainen and van der Sar back in January but since then van der Sar has signed a new contract with Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Bannor wrote:
    From what I've heard the board told him the money spent on Rooney last summer was this summers transfer budget and the transfer funds would have to be made up from player sales and CL revenue. The early exit from the CL scuppered any chance of major revenue so the board is going to be forced to give him the money he needs to build the team if they want to challenge Chelsea next season.

Apart from Van Bommel (Bosman) none of the players I listed are going to be very cheap. Real have an offer of €20M in for Ramos so Utd will have to match that if they want him. Valencia would certainly value Vicente around the €20M mark and Lyon told Madrid they wanted €25M for Essien earlier in the season.

As for keepers I would expect him to get in an experienced keeper who can be relied upon instead of spending alot of money on an untried player. There were talks with Oliver Kahn last year and he certainly would be an improvement on what they have at the moment. There were rumours about Jaaskelainen and van der Sar back in January but since then van der Sar has signed a new contract with Fulham.
    Out of interest, what/who exactly are your sources?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Out of interest, what/who exactly are your sources?

Bannor is a long time contributor who has always proved on the mark. His sources I believe are something to do with a translation company employed by agents involved in thess transfers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

uberwolf wrote:
    Bannor is a long time contributor who has always proved on the mark. His sources I believe are something to do with a translation company employed by agents involved in thess transfers
    Cheers, good to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Bannor wrote:
    Ferguson would like to rebuild the team! He's looking for a keeper, full back, centre half, central midfielders and a winger.

Goalkeeper:
    Jose Reina (Villareal) - going to Liverpool apparently, deal yet to be finalised - I think he's one of the Spain based players I mentioned in an earlier post (Diouf has been offered in part exchange).

Defenders:
    Van den Borre (Anderlecht) - enquiries made.
    Sergio Ramos (Sevilla) - €17M bid, Arsenal and Real also interested.
    Gonzalo Rodriguez (Villareal) - enquiries made, Barcelona also interested.

Midfielders:
    Van Bommel (PSV) - wants to go to Barcelona.
    Emre (Inter Milan) - has offers from Man Utd, Arsenal, Everton and his agent is keeping Liverpool informed.
    Essien (Lyon) - agreed a deal with Man Utd then everything went quiet and now he's supposed to be signing a new contract with Lyon.
    Mavuba (Bordeaux) - his agent told Real Madrid that Man Utd are also interested.
    Riquelme (Barcelona) - on loan with Villareal. Newcastle have made an offer of €10M but the player isn't interested - Kluivert didn't have anything good to say about the place. Spurs have made an enquiry and Man Utd have asked to be kept informed of the situation.

Winger:
    Vicente (Valencia) - Utd made enquiries earlier in the season and then there was the exchange offer for RVN. Since then the player has been offered to Liverpool.

Who are they likely to sign out of that list? Your guess is as good as mine. :)

Cheers Bannor! Thanks a lot for the reply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Bannor, any news on Barca and Real?

I've heard Barcelona basically have Van Bommel and are trying to sign Ballack and Gallas too. Interestingly, I also heard Ruud Van Nistelrooy has talked to Laporta. Is this true? Apparently they know each other.

What about Robinho and Joaquin to Real?

Barca have a verbal agreement with Van Bommel and Ballack - nothing is signed yet. Same case with Real and Robinho. Joaquin is going to Chelsea although nothing is signed, Barca and Real are waiting in the wings if the deal falls through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I was watching "revista de la liga" and when Joaquin was on the screen, they said he has pretty much joined Real already....although i have found Nothing else on this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Yeah, I thought Joaquin had said he wants to stay in Spain, preferably at Real. I guess with Chelsea's success and money that could have changed since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

How will they accommodated Joaquín in his starting line-up, with Arjen Robben and Damien Duff and also Joe Cole playing so well of late. Having strength in depth is one thing but that is ridulous !

Today Santi Ezquerro (striker with Athletic Bilbao) and William Gallas (Chelsea) have both said yes to Barcelona - contracts will be signed next month.

Chelsea agreed the deal for Joaquin back in the day when Mourinho didn't want Duff at the club. During the transfer window they tried to force the sale through and almost lost out on the player completely. Real Madrid had spent years buttering up the player and his parents to secure a €25M transfer - two years ago Figo was told by Perez that he would be sitting on the bench for the 2005/6 season because Joaquin would be signed as his replacement, that's how confident Madrid were of getting the player. Last summer Chelsea appeared with a bag of money and all thoughts of Madrid disappeared. If the Chelsea move falls through then Madrid will be straight in for the player again and Barcelona are keeping money in reserve to drive up the price of the player if they fail to get him themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

William Gallas (Chelsea) have both said yes to Barcelona - contracts will be signed next month.
    I was hopeing that Arsenal might have gone in for him too, but id have known that Chelsea would never sell to a big rival.

Oh bannor any Goalkeeping talks for Arsenal? I heard the bolton guy is in the frame.

[Maybe during the summer we can have a dedicated Bannor thread :)]

Advertisement