Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL varients, private circuits etc.

• 22-04-2005 10:45am

I'm finding it impossible to get any information from eircom regarding private circuits or any of their variations.

They seem to want to know your life story before they will even commit to giving a pricing guide!

So maybe there are a few knowelegable telecoms gurus on boards :)

I have a requirment for high bandwidth 1mbit/sec+ downstream/upstream with the possiblity of connecting to another office (I'm not ruling out frame relay but I know it will be pricey).

I know the cheapest option would be symmetric dsl. Do eircom offer this??

If I was to go the private circuit route, what factors come in to play (distance? new line?)

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

Leap Broadband, 1MBit SDSL €89/month with €199 setup.
    They do also have 2MBit SDSL
    www.leap.ie
    Complete with SLA (Service Level Agreement - Eircom, go take a leak lol )
    Also provide HardWire/Dedicated Wireless/Symmetric Wireless/Assymetric Wireless/ADSL, and anything you can blow your nose at lol.

Eircom dont offer SDSL or more than 256k upload on their advertised 'consumer/business' DSL packages

Leased Lines ( 2MBit)

Installation Annual Rental
    Leap (wireless) 999 11,400
    eircom 3809 33,027

Leap service with CIR & SLA & Muliple IPs etc.

http://www.leap.ie/DedicatedWireless.pdf

ADSL (Leap)
    1Mbit/256K with Fixed IP, SLA and more €89/month
    http://www.leap.ie/ADSL.pdf

A good solid company, especially for businesses, from the looks of it.
    No experience myself though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

According to the leap site, they operate in the licensed 3.5GHz spectrum, and are rolling out GSHDSL technology through LLU across the country, they own and operate their own wired&wireless networks ( separete from eircom ), and are targeted at the business community

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Very little information on what exchanges they are available in, if any.

If you don't mind that stuff never works, you can try Irish Broadband as well...

Advertisement