Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor upgrade

• 22-04-2005 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

hey everyone
    ive been with meteor for around two years now i joined to get the free texts for life.
    my trusty old nokia 3310 has now decided it doesnt feel like working anymore so i'm thinkin of getting an upgrade. i know meteor are doin their best it seems to try and get everyone off the free texts scheme so i was wonderin if anyone knows if you lose your free texts if you upgrade? i dont see why i should but meteor will probably try and skank me by puttin me on a new plan. ive tried contacting them twice by email but they seem to be ignoring me and i havent time to ring them. anyone know what the story is with upgrades and free texts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Customers may not avail of the Meteor to Meteor 5c per minute rate while also availing of Meteor’s ‘Free text & picture messages for life’ offer. A move to the Meteor to Meteor 5c per minute rate promotion will result in the loss of free texts & picture messages for life.

TAKEN FROM THE TERMS FOR 5c RATE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

free text for life is FOR LIFE, you will only loose it if you sign up for the 5c calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭emee

ya i know they say for life but i can just see it now i'll buy the new phone and i won't ask to be put on the 5c call plan but i'll have magically been put on it and lose my free texts. i've now emailed meteor a total of 7 times about this and they still havent gotten back to me its very frustrating.
    thanks for your help,
    emee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

when you upgrade they just give you an unlocked phone and you put your sim in.
    nothing else happens.

upgrade to new payg phone that is, not sure about bill-pay

its payg that im using now thats cool so i just keep my sim card they wont try anythin funny? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

didnt with me anyway ;)

you just go into the shop and they check your account on the computer to see if your eligble and if you are they just grab a sim free phone from behind the counter and away you go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Chalk wrote:
    when you upgrade they just give you an unlocked phone and you put your sim in.
    nothing else happens.

upgrade to new payg phone that is, not sure about bill-pay

They don't give you an unlocked phone on PAYG, it's locked to Meteor. But yeah, you get an upgrade box with no sim in. You just have to re-register to get all your credit. Ring them up about it to see how much credit you'll get. AFAIK, they won't take the free texts off you if you upgrade.

cool sounds good i'm thinkin of splashin out on a nokia 6020 bit of a step up from my 3310 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ipd100

i'm 20 euro away from recieving a meteor upgrade on pay as you go, any people recently recieved a upgrade??, and if so, is the price of the phone the same as usual and you still only get call credit for your new phone!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

ipd100 wrote:
    i'm 20 euro away from recieving a meteor upgrade on pay as you go, any people recently recieved a upgrade??, and if so, is the price of the phone the same as usual and you still only get call credit for your new phone!!!

Upgraged a few months ago, didn't get a discount on the phone.

But you do get €130 upgrade credit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement