Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a nursery

Options
  • 22-04-2005 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Has anyone got any advise on what type of paint to use to paint characters on a nursery wall, I have been told that Poster Paint will not suffice as it will crack, peel and be generally dull. I have toyed with the idea of painting over the characters with PVA glue to try and preserve them but may not have the desired effect.

Help Please......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

As far as i know,Water based Artist Acrylic paints should do it.A mate of mine who is a Classical Animator done some paintings for me on my daughters walls and used these paints,non yellowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have toyed with the idea of painting over the characters with PVA glue to try and preserve them but may not have the desired effect.

Help Please......
    I wouldn't do that...it's not going to be a nursery forever...!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

We got a friend to paint the whole bedroom (ceilings and walls) in poster and acrylics. That was 6 years ago. It has lasted well, no chipping or flaking and the colours are pretty vibrant still. Good preparation, as with all painting is the secret.
    The theme was just a countryside with animals and flowers. Using characters may date the room quicker eg Barney or Bob the builder. They maybe cool at the time but they wont be in a couple of years.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dragonviper

Thanks for that gang, most helpfull
    And as for the ...it's not going to be a nursery forever...!!!!! damn straight I want my office back !!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement