Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Juggling info

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

Yeah they look like great craic. But Im not sure where I'd be able to practise :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I'm practising in a lane behind my house. It's great, except when people start to walk down they tend to have a bit of a puzzled look on their faces. It's not really that strange a sight to see. I'm sure it happens in lanes all over the country.

Ah sure, lanes across the country are full of people on unicycles.

I have a park beside me, but I'd feel a bit odd out there on my own, unicycling of all things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

You'd probably have people come up and talk to you. If I were to see you unicycling in the park, I'd find you far more interesting than all the joggers and stuff. It's an awesome conversation piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I nearly bought one last year too... I've tried a few times and can get a few metres without the need for a wall beside me.

Yesterday was odd. Random deaf guy came up and started playing with a diabolo. I think he kindof indicated he'd be back next week. Showed him a few tricks he didnt know. My sign language isnt great, so wasnt able to explain things briliantly.
    There were a few annoying kids that kept hanging around too.

Pretty poor turnout overall tho weather wasnt even that bad...

• Advertisement

Oh right yeah, the Sunday thing. Woops.

I should really get back to that soon. Im sooo out of practise. Can't go next though. I'll get back there someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yeah, i feel guilty for not being there... i shall at least do some practise again soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

I got a unicycle yesterday!!!! :D:D:D I ordered it off unicycle.uk.com for €140 total including postage and i couldn't be happier with it. I cannot of course ride it properly yet but im amazed at how quickly I'm learning, the most I've cycled so far is 4 revolutions of the wheel ,which I found amazing after about 4 hrs practice. I might bring it in to stephen's green on sunday so if anyone would like to see the 20" trainer for themselves, and have a go... I'll be there. (it's a bit of a hassle on the bus so if no-one posts here I'll assume no-one wants to see it...)

Unicycles rock...

Oh deadly!!!

I'd love to have a shot at it. But I don't think I'll be there next Sunday, so you better not bring just to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 PoiBoi_Patch

I would be happy to see you there on your one wheeler lol , Matt Hoffman eat your heart out lmao!!!

fac ut vivas!!

• Advertisement

I'll be there on sunday. Hopefully so will Emmet, and a copy of diabology....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Larry are you dropping hints?

No, just trying to be as subtle as possible in geting you to *Bring the diabology DVDs on Sunday*

sorry i don't get you, you want to give me diabology? thanks or the offer but i have it already

AAh, but which edition of it do you have? Bring your copy on Sunday, and I'll bring mine and we can compare =0)

ah..... fire poi.. never realised how groovey the sound when they're spinning about!!! now i now.. all thx to PoiBoi_Patch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

ok well in that case i won't be there this sunday but i'll come along next sunday with the unicycle (sorry i can't remember who but someone said they wanted to see it and wouldn't be there this sunday).

That would be me who said that.

I'll let you know anyway if I can make. Don't want to waste your time bringing it in and I'm not even there.

i went along last sunday to say "hi", but didn't know anyone there so i buggered off. has the sunday jugling been really quiet without the summer? i admit... without the sunshine..... not quite the same.

I was a sleep sunday after pulling an all nighter, but it has been quiet alright

• Advertisement

alrighty. i hope to check out the upcoming fire show, so if ya find out when its on... do share. thx

Football finals have been taking up my Sundays.

This Sunday is the all Ireland ladies football final so can't be missing that. Hopefully, hopefully I might be able to make it the next Sunday.

I heard the ladies final was ****e.
    Am heading along this sunday, if only to give emmet back the diabology dvd....

It wasn't too bad now actually. Pity Cork won.

I didn't manage to see the junior though.

I turned up on sunday. With the hope of getting emmet back his dvd. Did a little diabolo for about an hour. Alone. Then went home.
    Is it because the colleges have started back - nobody bothered with sundays in the green nomore?

once again the hangover strikes

You could consider not getting wasted on every saturday night...

I could but the last few weekends there have been events on b'days, going aways, lets get pissed for the sake of it etc, etc. But after tralee its all quiet again

i'm going to blame the dismal weather for my non-willingness to go on sundays. though, i would like to start going again... if only the sun would return!

• Advertisement

Weather has been grand the last few times I've been there. Plus there's no more bands anymore, so the bendstand provides some shelter. A little better than the trees anyway.

Advertisement