Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Juggling info

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 toherd

Here may be a nice venue (with official permission) -- it may be a little more welcoming (+ sheltered) than Stephen's Green these dzys...

Dee

Dublin City Drum Circle
    Press Release / Notice

The Dublin City Drum Circle has been given the go ahead to continue with
    it's Saturday drumming activities at Wood Quay Amphitheatre.

The City Council had us on a 4 week trial period to assess the merit of the
    venture.
    They are now happy that it's as good for the city as it is for the
    participants.

Interested parties need only turn up this Saturday and every Saturday from
    here on in between 12 and 4 in the afternoon

Bring a Drum, Bring a friend,
    Bring some Juggling Balls and
    Bring a warm hat; it's not yet summer.

And remember it's Free

Ciorcal Drumadóireachta Bhleá Cliath
    Preas Ráiteas / Fógra

Tugadh cead do ciorcal drumadóireachta Bhleá Cliath leanúint len a gcuid
    seinmt chuile sathrain as seo amach san Amharclann Leath-Chiorcalach ag Cé
    an Adhmaid.

Bhí muid faoi thriail ag Comhairle na Cathrach ar feadh 4 sheachtaine chun
    an túraim a mheas. Tuigtear anois go mbainfaidh an cathair an méid tairbhe
    as seo is a bhainfiadh na seinteoirí.

Ní mór dóibh siúd ar mian leo theacht chun drumadóireacht iad féin a
    thabhairt síos chuig Oifigí na Cathrach an sathrain seo agus chuile Sathrain
    as seo amach óna 12 dtí 4.

Beir Druma leat, Beir Cara leat
    Beir Giúrléidí Lámhchleasaíocht leat
    Agus bíodh Hata ort
    Níl an samhradh tagatha go fóil

Ná dein dearmaid go bhfuil sé Soar in Aisce

Mise le meas
    Rossa Ó Snodaigh

E-mail Drumcircle@Dublin.ie
    Web www.dublin.ie/drumcircle

Rossa Ó Snodaigh
    15 Emorville Ave
    S.C.R.
    Dublin 8
    086 8260860
    01 4164502

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

info on request for juggling workshop "stuff you can do in Ireland other than using drugs" kinda thing:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054848455

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

This is the first I've heard about this! I must bring along the good people of the juggling society of my college (NCAD, Thomas St.) to these meetings. There are about six of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hey are the meetings still going on?
    Ive been juggling for about 6months but have sorta lost interest but i wanna pick it back up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

No, I don't think they're still going on, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

The university clubs are still active, and they generally dont ask you if you're a member unless you're being an arse.
    The juggling in stephens green will probably pick up again in the summer...

summer has arrived.
    we're back in the green =0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Is the Trinity Juggling Society active through the summer?

Yes, but not in trinity, moved 300 metres to merrion square.
    Tuesdays. (7ish)

I'll be heading for Stephens green again for a while this sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Hey! I've just moved to Dublin... Can juggle 3 or 4...
    I'm 30 though.... are ye all under 25 still?? :D
    I'll be like BacktoBlack the babysitter!! :eek:

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

I'm 30 though.... are ye all under 25 still?? :D

:p

No.

(Wow hard to believe someone that old can still juggle!! They must be super cool...)

Stephenm wrote:
    No.

(Wow hard to believe someone that old can still juggle!! They must be super cool...)

oh my god, that's such a mean thing to say to me!!
    I'm v sensitive about my age... I look younger apparently too!!:p
    I learned when I was younger, but kept it up. Its very enjoyable.
    esp in the summer when you can juggle outside.

I have illuminous juggling balls.. they 'like totally rock'!

:D:p

Well there are a good few groups that meet in dublin during the week... Mostly in the universities - so thay'll have stopped most likely till january.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Stopped have they eh? shame means your gonna have to wait even longer now to see my soon to be legendary excalibur double (yes double) duicide.

wtf?
    How does that even work?
    Posted a video to diabolo.ca yet?

I'm not certain about the whole break thing, I'm just presuming. I've been in Cork so I cant be sure.

... and I finally managed to actually get the whole 3 ball juggling thing. Took me ages, but it's there now. Got about 60 catches last night =0) Still working on that third diabolo =0)

Not posting a vid of it as if i do everyone will know how its done and copy it, wanna keep it to my self.

Not posting a vid of it as if i do everyone will know how its done and copy it, wanna keep it to my self.

You'll have to show someone sooner or later... you'll be juggling secretly somewhere somday.. and someone will spot you and your trick will go nationwide!!!!!! :D:D

Come on!! I'd love to learn new tricks!! :-)

I could but i wanna stick it in my act so then people will have to pay me to see it. brilliant eh?

I could but i wanna stick it in my act so then people will have to pay me to see it. brilliant eh?

That's amazing Emmet!! :D:p

I think so too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

just show it, dont make me go over to engerland and kick some ass :cool:

And the lasy train comes in. Eh no come to england and I can show you here + beer

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭TheBigRedDog

Whats the story with poi and staff stuff? any sessions going on around the place? (feel free to move post) Cheers Cliff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gippart

Heya, beginner at diabolo juggling and I'm just wondering if there's any kind of meetups happening in Dublin? City Centre would be best for me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Hey there,

yeah theres a meetup every tuesday evening in Merrion square during the summer months and then in Goldsmith hall in trinity on tuesday evenings starting in october and running for the winter months. if you want any more information just let me know :)

Splinty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gippart

heh, I'd like some more info :) about the october onwards classes.

no worries, they arent classes as such, more just juggling meetups where people go every tuesday or trinity or wednesday in DIT (up near parnel street). both are indoors and out of the rain and although they are held by the colleges, non college goers pop along (myself included). tuesdays is in Goldsmith hall (just under the pearse street bridge) from 7pm til 9 or 10pm and wednesdays i will double check for ya and post back later :)

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dylan_f_juggle

Hi i'm dylan i'm 14, i use to have a diabolo at the age of 11 and i considered myself semi-skilled at it as i could do genocides and so on i was jsut wondering is there anywhere in dublin city i could get a nice diabolo medium sized for vetween the price of 10 - 25 euro.........i was also thinkin of having a juggling sesh in swords castle park

Hi i'm dylan i'm 14, i use to have a diabolo at the age of 11 and i considered myself semi-skilled at it as i could do genocides and so on i was jsut wondering is there anywhere in dublin city i could get a nice diabolo medium sized for vetween the price of 10 - 25 euro.........i was also thinkin of having a juggling sesh in swords castle park
    Heya,

yes there is a juggling store in Dublin city in Temple bar. its called "jugglin' Dublin" and they stock all ranges of diabolos from low to high price. It is located in the crowestreet bazaar (stand outside the button factory in temple bar with your back to it, look left and you will see a "head" store. go into it and follow it through and you find a small bizaare of shops, one of which is the one your looking for :) also the dublin juggling festival is coming up in late March so keep an eye for more info :)

Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dylan_f_juggle

ah great thanks, ive been to jugglin and i am not the fondest of their stuff...is there anywhere else ?

Advertisement