Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Well if the trial version of the Creature Creator is anything to go by, It will take a long time for me to get bored.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,595 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The more I read about it, the more I get a strong "Black and White" vibe, a game I never got into & found quite tedious once one ignored the hype surrounding it.

It's kinda funny how this thread was started way back in 2005; it's no Duke Nukem, but that's one helluva public dev cycle!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That's what we all thought of The Sims...

i played it a bit..never really got into it. im not sure why..but i just never saw the point...dont know if that makes sense...but i never really felt like i wanted to play more/again.

i loved black and white (1 not 2)
    tba wrote: »
    Well if the trial version of the Creature Creator is anything to go by, It will take a long time for me to get bored.

maybe i shouldnt have made a statement like that when im sitting in work thinking about playing with the creature creator!

i think i'll stay away from this thread until after ive had a crack at it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

pixelburp wrote: »
    The more I read about it, the more I get a strong "Black and White" vibe, a game I never got into & found quite tedious once one ignored the hype surrounding it. !

Black and White really brought out the sadist in me, it was awesome!!

Black & White 2 was better again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Creature editor has been a leaked for a few days now heres a filefront download for it if anyone's interested

http://files.filefront.com//;10630039;/fileinfo.html

Tis alright i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I <3 the creature creator. Its amazingly fun. Might actually spend the extra bit to get the fully featured creature creator too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

I can see that I can download the Trial, but where is the direct download link for the Mac. When I go to my basket, I can't seem to change the platfrom from PC. Anyone have any ideas? or the Link?

Or maybe, if I download the demo, is there a link in there to buy the full version?

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Unfortunately, sometimes natural selection didn't always work for the best...

cre0684ea39smldq4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

tba wrote: »

Thanks, got it - and can't play it cause I don't have Leopard. Alas...no spore for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Does anyone know what the point of buying the full version of the creature creator is? I mean, I know you get more bits to play with, but don't you get all of them when you buy the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

you can create even more realistic penis monsters with the full version :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well that's the clincher for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

they're selling hard copies in game shops for a fiver now

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

5? in GAME or where? 8 in gamestop I want it but don't wanna give them extra monies

I gots it off the EA store (not a great product), they say it will be deducted from the final cost of spore if I buy it from the store again, I think they just want a database of creatures to stick on the DVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

zavvi in dundrum are selling it for 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Animation and themes are extremely reminiscent of Black & White, wouldn't be surprised at all if they had some of the same developers or even just ripped out whole chunks of code.

The all pervasive cuteseyness will piss me off too, I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

anyone had any succese running this with a nvidia geforce go 7600 on vista sp1 the game is giving me an awful time over it

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The Creature Creator is great craic, Dunno if I will like the final game though, it seems a little to Sims-esque to hold my interest

Obligatory NSFW Creature

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hahaha so I was researching games for the beast of a new PC I've ordered for next week and I came across Spore and have seen so many creatures that have almost had me in tears laughing. I'm sure it'll get old but it's just the fact that they (probably) never anticipated this that actually still has me giggling to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Have to say the demo has been great fun and I'll buy the full editor tonight. It's really intuitive and easy to use. I'm surprised in fact at just how addictive it is.

I've been going back over footage of Spore from the last 2 years and I'm still seeing nothing that really excites me game wise.

It looks simplistic and the one thing oft repeated in all clips is the emphasis on the player making the content. Thanks Maxis, I've to make my own game these days do I?

I'll still buy it however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

spoken like a true addict :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

my attempt at the cloverfield monster :D

cre068a337bsmlyv8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

madrab wrote: »
    spoken like a true addict :)

Since my mommy bought me a commodore 64 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

OK while the spore creator is a lovely piece of software I am not too impressed by EA at all.

First up I can't run the software unless I am running the EA updater which requires me to be logged in. I am sure if I rummage I might find the link but annoy straight off.

If the log in fails, or network connection goes down then I can't access the software via the updater. :/

But the real taking the p!ss (may not of been intentional). I had forgotten the password so went to the get reminder. Didn't work. So I thought it was script block, so activated the site at which point a huge picture of a pirate appears on the right. Wondering if they were trying to imply I was up to something.

I went back to the site again and the pirate doesn't appear. However I have yet to get my password reminder information. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

pixelburp wrote: »
    The more I read about it, the more I get a strong "Black and White" vibe, a game I never got into & found quite tedious once one ignored the hype surrounding it.

There is a feature length demo with Robin Williams in it as well. As I understand it the game is nothing like B&W at all.

Advertisement