Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NBC's Revelations?

• 22-04-2005 2:13pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen an episode of this yet, by any chance? I'm wondering is it worth the hassle of calling Bob in Boston to get it sent.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

I got the first 2 eps but haven't gotten around to watching them yet. Most of the reports I read were about the first episode and they were mostly been poor.

There was a piece on it on AICN a while back.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19897

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I was going to ask about this. Just got the first two episodes 'posted' to me but haven't watched them yet. I'll probably watch them this evening though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

First episode was perfectly watchable. It'll be interesting to see where it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I only saw the first episode last week and was really disappointed by it. I found the screenplay treated the viewing audience as pretty dumb and left little to the imagination. It (the first episode at least) did not live up to the hype for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saw episode 1... thought it was muck!

Haven't downloaded any since!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is this another "Medium"? Interesting for 15 minutes then you wish you could plug out the series' life-support?

I might watch it but I have a tendency to trust basquille's judgement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is this another "Medium"? Interesting for 15 minutes then you wish you could plug out the series' life-support?

I might watch it but I have a tendency to trust basquille's judgement
    Didn't see 'Medium' but i just found the first episode of 'Revelations' to be quite dull!

After an exciting intro giving insight into the Big Bang and also
    a scene in which a girl gets struck by lightning! Sounds horrible but the way the lightning bolt strikes just made the impact of the scene less hard-hitting!

The second half was just incredibly boring! The slowest final 20 minutes in a TV show ever. Shame.. cos i really respect Bill Pullman and Natasha McElhone (to a lesser extent) and they're wasted in this crap!

And the show just seemed really preachy in the way it was executed. All these excerpts from the Bible flashing up between scenes and stuff like that.. definantly haven't been tempted to pick up any episodes since the pilot.

My only real highlight of the episode really was seeing Martin Starr... who played Bill Haverchuck in one of my favourite shows 'Freaks And Geeks'.. was weird to see him looking older and less "geek"-ified!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

:eek: I love "Medium"! It's a great mix of character drama, L&O-style investigations, and the super-natural. Love the earthy down-played acting style and the marriage in it comes across as a very real one. I've seen the first ten episodes and definetely recommend it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

ixoy wrote:
    :eek: I love "Medium"! It's a great mix of character drama, L&O-style investigations, and the super-natural. Love the earthy down-played acting style and the marriage in it comes across as a very real one. I've seen the first ten episodes and definetely recommend it.

To each his own, I suppose; it just got right up my nose. TBH, had Patricia Arquette not been in it, I would have hit the switch after 10.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Just watched the first two episodes of this. It's very meh, nothing to write home about. I didn't really expect much and in the end wasn't dissapointed as that's exactly what I got.

Don't know for sure if I'll bother to watch any more, probably will as I'd like to see how it all pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It is on Sky One in May:

SPECIAL INTEREST: Revelations
    Channel: Sky One 106
    Date: Tuesday 17th May 2005
    Time: 21:00 to 22:00 (starting in 22 days)
    Duration: 1 hour.
    (New Series)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.digiguide.com. Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd. Information copied from DigiGuide cannot be re-distributed, sold or used without prior written consent from GipsyMedia Ltd. All rights reserved.

Advertisement