Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions Please

Options
  • 22-04-2005 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭

Just finished updating my bands website.
    http://www.sleevesmahoney.com/

The greyscale theme was something I did on purpose, and I think it looks ok :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

its clean, fast and well grey!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Not much to like or dislike .. I tried the grey thing on my own site.. the more I view it, though, the less I like it .. it is very dull .. I did like it at first though!

You could make the gallery a bit better .. the thumbnails are too small, so you end up clicking on the full size image to see what the photo, which kinda defeats the purpose. There are a few gallery scripts that you could integrate easily enough.

Apart from that (I have a vague recollection of saying this before), it looks very bloggy, and doesn't have much sparkle.. some of that may be down to the greyness, but I think it's more the lack of graphical content, and the blogishness.

I'd expect a fairly decent photo, a brief description to the style of music, the latest gigs, links to audio downloads, links to CD/T-Shirt purchases on the home page of a band, and not news about someone updating the website.

Sorry if it's harsh, it's not meant to be .. and of course you/others might not agree with my opinion. Good luck with it!

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

the background makes my eyes bleed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

really dont like the background either.

id agree with most of cgarvey's post but particularly the point he makes about the galler

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

I also agree with alot of cgarvey points. I think what you have done is good and it very funcional, but from a design point of view, But in my opinion, I think the site might need a different look and feel, especially for a rock band. It seems too heavy with text on the home page.

check out http://modernrock.com/charts/hot_sites.htm and see what other bands are up to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

i dunno, i kinda like it! tis different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The grey might be ok if you broke it up with other colours. It really hurts my eyes as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

its not bad, however the backgrounds do hurt the ol' eyes.
    You should try maybe adding more interactivity to your site. There are a lot of plain HTML websites sitting out there gathering dust.
    There are a load of tutorials on the internet on how to create php/asp mailing lists and contact forms. If you add one or two of the features i mentioned then you'd be able to get more user interaction on your site.

A flash media player would be cool aslo!
    www.flashkit.com/movies

Advertisement