Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help!!!

Options
  • 22-04-2005 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi people. im italian and im coming in galway in september as an erasmus student and i would like to get some info about the town and the univesity, above all the university residences.
    please answer me...
    :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

hmm.

teh university website has loads of info;

http://www.nuigalway.ie

sin and the sinboards are good ways to contact students

www.sin.nuigalway.ie

www.sin.nuigalway.ie/boards

uum accomidation info can be found here

http://www.nuigalway.ie/accommodation/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 annalisa

thank u Ruadan.
    i ve visited the web links,but i would like to have some personal advice by people who have experienced life in residences in galway or a sharing flat.
    bye
    annalisa

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Corrib Village == Ghetto, "fun" for first-years who don't know any better, contraceptive couches, delapidated apartments, very 1980s holiday home feel from it all.

Gort na Corribe / Cúirt na Corribe == new student accomodation, nice, comfortable, price is a little higher.

Ros na Gael == first time I've heard of this place.

Private Accomodation (rental) == can be great, better choice, but more bills and stuff to manage, but you can choose (to a large extent) who your housemates are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

There's also Dún Aras and Menlo Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 annalisa

thanks people,
    im indecided between ros geal residence (very small, right beside College Campus, and they provide also full catering) and a private accommodation, but with this solution i am afraid to dont manage to find a room in september... !!!! even if i think i could be more "indipendent" but also to have more trouble... :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement