Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

www.bestquote.ie - highly recommended

Options
  • 22-04-2005 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I'll mention it again anyway.
    You fill in your details once, and it fetches the best quote from a large variety of insurance companies. It is the most useful website that I've used in a long, long time.
    Basically, quinn direct quoted me 2700 for insurance, but through bestquote.ie, I'm getting insured with campion insurance for 1950.
    Give them a shot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

hmm, first quote I got was about two thirds of what I am paying now - pretty good. Having said that, I haven't gotten this years renewal quote yet, but I doubt they will knock that much off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭timaaaaay

I spent 10 minutes filling in the online form only to vbe told there was an error at their end! :( will try again anyway, thanks Gerry

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

At the moment im payin E1290 Fully comp with Axa on a BMW 318is, Im 24yrs old.

Bestquote.ie quoted me E5539 with McCarthy insurance group.

Hahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Chief--- wrote:

Hahahaha.

What a bargain!

When I read the details of the offer I got, it didn't have a few things like 3rd party on another car, cover while driving abroad etc, so not too sure if it was such a good deal after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Chief--- wrote:

Hahahaha.
    how the hell did you get that quote ? the one from axa ?

ye that site never works when i want to use it always says i have to ring them or it crashes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

They just quoted me more than double what I'm paying Quinn Direct.
    Better then Hibernian (over three times) but still not up to much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Yeah, I'm paying E2114 on a Toyota MR2 roadster. Bestquote came up with E3100. Not the best quote.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

elexes wrote:
    how the hell did you get that quote ? the one from axa ?

ye that site never works when i want to use it always says i have to ring them or it crashes

They just gave it to me. I was a named driver for 4 years. Aparently that counts with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

they gave me a quote of 4800 on my corrolla!
    currently i pay 1700

not the best quote either, but very convient that one site does so many! always worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Currently paying 1,800 Euro with Hibernian

Im 22, driving '01, 1.4 Zetec Focus

2 years driving on my own policy (drivin since 17 but on an open policy for 4 years but that doesnt count)....licence for 3 years, valued the car at 11,000 (bit OTT but was just checking)...

and they quoted me 1,300 Euro......not bad!

Can you cancel your insurance and get refuned the remaining % of the years payment......I.E. - i paid my insurance 3 months ago...so can i get back 75% or close to it??

Be definately changing next year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ivan E

I've tried it for a few different cars in the last few weeks and got excellant quotes. Like most sites it may quote certain types of drivers better i.e more experienced. But either it gives you a better quote or it doesn't. If it doesn't fine, no harm in it, try another site. If it does, go back to your original insurer when your renewal is due and tell them your quote.

They should try and match it. Okay you might have to pay a bit more but you get to keep all the things that you may not have with the new quote like other driving other cars.

I have managed to knock off over €200 off my insurance for the last 2 years by doing this. That's €200 each year. I get the best quote and go back to my insurance. Normally they try and match it but are still a bit over. But they offer me somethings that I want like comprehensive insurance on other cars rather than third party which is worth the extra €50 I have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I'm 23 and currently paying €1800 on a 1.9 TDi and they quoted me €2720.41

wow, what a bargain :rolleyes:

Curran wrote:

Can you cancel your insurance and get refuned the remaining % of the years payment......I.E. - i paid my insurance 3 months ago...so can i get back 75% or close to it??

yea u should get it back, or you could suspend your policy now, and wait till the end of the year and get the 75% + your extra years NCB, which IMO is better if you go without the money for the next few months

Hate that ANDO... :p

Seems like they are giving good quotes for people with small engines!
    Pity cos im buying a 4 X 4 next time i splash out on an engine! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Curran wrote:
    Hate that ANDO... :p

Seems like they are giving good quotes for people with small engines!
    Pity cos im buying a 4 X 4 next time i splash out on an engine! :cool:

any idea what your going to be looking at? Your onto something good when your looking at the Audi S3, wow what a great looking motor :) I seen one today on wider tyres than stock and it looked the dogs nutzsack! 1 thing I've noticed after moving up the power band from my old 1.4 Focus is the fecking tax. Jeez I had to renew my tax today.. over €500 for the year! Its a killer

ando wrote:
    any idea what your going to be looking at? Your onto something good when your looking at the Audi S3, wow what a great looking motor :) I seen one today on wider tyres than stock and it looked the dogs nutzsack! 1 thing I've noticed after moving up the power band from my old 1.4 Focus is the fecking tax. Jeez I had to renew my tax today.. over €500 for the year! Its a killer

Yeah the AUDI S3 is a specail car....love its looks....and POWER....its one of those cars that as you pi$$ by someone....ur car oozzes the saying "BITE ME" :D

Seen a beautiful black S4 the other day...was drouling all over it....owner was getting in.....i says "damn nice car mate"
    He says "ah its not too bad...its an A4 with the S4 kit"
    I was saying to myself Sh1t it looks class
    Full kit, had the S4 badge, the chrome around the windows....etc,

GOT ME THINKING........ :eek:

Sure screw the Tax....its a once off payment a year
    I know a lad who drives a Porsche Boxter (hairdressers car i know) but the doesnt pay the tax cos the fine is cheaper than what he'd have to pay!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I am going on a prov license soon- Quinn Direct quoted me 3200 on a Rover 400
    Tried same with bestquote and got 1600. Big difference. But i'm sure bestquote will be more expensive in different circumdances.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Obviously these guys are making a few euros out of this aswell.

I recommend going directly to an insurers website for a quote.

Online quotes are usually better than ringing them up for some reason.

I am 3 years named driver with Hibernian, they quoted me online €1350 for a MGF 1.8 convertible and when I rang they said €1765.

Bestquote.ie came up with €2155

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Am paying €484 TPF&T with Hibernian at the moment on 2.0 Litre saloon (Age 28 with Full NCB) - Bestquote came up with €466.43....

Advertisement