Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Physics teacher once told me

Options
  • 22-04-2005 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

My Physics teacher once told me water and electricity don’t mix, well guess what, she’s dead now...........anyway, ill be doing a full upgrade by the end of this year, so im considering water cooling, im not planning to over my cpu that much, but more for the noise factor, plus id like to get peoples opinions on small water cooling units, i know theirs some really good ones out there but are huge! Im only interested in a watercooling unit u can just have inside the pc.

p.s sorry about the typo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

magick wrote:
    My psychics teacher once told me water and electricity don’t mix, well guess what, she’s dead now...........anyway, ill be doing a full upgrade by the end of this year, so im considering water cooling, im not planning to over my cpu that much, but more for the noise factor, plus id like to get peoples opinions on small water cooling units, i know theirs some really good ones out there but are huge! Im only interested in a watercooling unit u can just have inside the pc.

WTF did you go to school? Hogwarts? Psychic lessons? Fair fecks to ya....

......don't really see how it relates to Watercooling mind!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Dangerden.com seems to get mentioned alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Get a case that can take 120mm fan mounts... Most new decent cases do n then get urself a 120mm kit(ie. http://www.hitide.ie/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_22_37/products_id/174) U can then easily fit the rad etc in the case. R u could just get a thermalrite xp120 r the new zalman heatsinks that use 120mm fans... Just as quite n allot cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Inquitus wrote:
    ......don't really see how it relates to Watercooling mind!!!

Throw yer toaster into a sink of water......... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

My new rig is gonna have a thermalright XP-120 heatpipe heatsink on the cpu and it should be enough to passively cool the cpu once i get the case airflow sorted out. I'm gonna have a nice cool athlon 64 though so it mightnt work with a p4. Even if passive cooling isn't enough, an undervolted quiet 120mm fan (nexus, globe or panaflo) on the heatsink will do the job and you will not be able to hear it at 5/7 volts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

magick wrote:
    My Physics teacher once told me water and electricity don’t mix,
    True - pure water doesn't conduct very well. But it's one of the best solvents around and any dirt will increase it's conductivity. Even Carbon Dioxide in the air will increase it ! http://www.radiometer-analytical.com/news/en_european_pharmacopoeia.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

not again

flamingmuppet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

ah the lord jesus how does this fool keep getting back onto boards? He needs his ip blocked and to report him to the authorities!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Pull a Glenstal / Jamesy Lives here on his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

capt'n midnight i think he likes you :rolleyes:

newnicksamecrap.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement