Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FrontX

Options
  • 22-04-2005 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I was browsing around looking into heatsink compatability for the mobo* I intend buying and I came across this: FrontX.
    You get one of these front panels with the DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR along with the other extras.
    Note: You do not get this extra stuff with the DFI LanParty UT NF4 series of boards.

The FrontX stuff looks pretty cool, and although I'm not a fan of off-the-shelf mod stuff, this is one of the better designed and more functional that I've found, no real hint of the tacky ricer-ish stuff I normally see people slap into their cases.

{edit} I'm just after noticing that FrontX offer free international shipping, and if your order is over $20 it'll be sent by FedEx, otherwise, it will be sent by Registered Air Mail. Normal delivery time is 3-5 business days by FedEx and 6-10 business days by Registered Air Mail.{/edit}

* Mobo= DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR Heatsink: Thermalright XP-90c
    anyone know if there are any issues with this HS on the mobo? Interfering with 1st PCIe 16x slot? Blocking ATX 24-pin power connector? Limiting height of DIMMs?
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

DFi bundles are excellent.

I got the 925X T2 board, and it came with 'Transpo', 'FrontX', Rounded cables to match the board, and cable sleeving to match the rounded cables.

FrontX is alright, gives you 4 pin firewire, diagnostic LEDS (no more beeps) and S-ATA port at the front. More stuff too that i cant remember. It is fairly hand, for the LEDS alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

FrontX is cool looking alright. It's just an IO panel for a 5.25" drive bay. I got one with my mobo. I haven't used it, dunno if I will. It's black and my case is silver :(
    It does come with an external SATA data port though, which could be useful.

The XP90C works with this mobo, the XP120 also works, though could hinder placement of a RAM stick in the last slot (closest to the CPU)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Unless an XP-120c comes out, I'll be sticking with the 90c, at least till I get watercooling (if ever).
    I'm getting a black case, so the FrontX will be used, but I'll be customising the ports for more USB and headphones/mic output, maybe a firewire port.

Wizzardm you *could* just repsray it...buy a can of matching silver paint and bumper primer along with clear coat and rubbin compound all from an auto-parts store and spray it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

i dont think he will try that seems he has a alu coolermaster wavemaster case ..it would be a crime ......they do come in black though maybe a trade in WIZ ???it would be easier to spary the frontX sliver ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I put a Zalman 7700 on that board, and everything else fit ok. The 4x PCI-E slot could be blocked if the card is longer than the port. The Thermalright is a bit smaller, so shouldn't have much problem to fit.

Just mind that for dual channel on this board, put the ram in slots of the same colour. Different boards have different marking methods.

Also the motherboard itself has two more power connectors than usual (a HD and floppy type connector), to ensure that any cards installed get plenty of power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

I tried to set my frontx up but there are two problems with it.

1) the diagnostic led cable isnt long enough to reach the top bay of my thermaltake lanfire case (not a very big case)

2) the plug for the diagnostic leds sits proud when you plug it into the mobo slot directly underneath the last pci slot.
    this means i cant put my sound card or tv card in this slot because they wont sit fully into the slot. The positioning of the led connector may not be the same on all boards (i have DFL SLI-dr)
    So i cant use the led function of it at all. Poor design of mobo DFI :(

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

Dman_15 wrote:
    cable isnt long enough

i have the same problem so I dont use it

Advertisement