Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European glory or domestic domination?

• 22-04-2005 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Was just thinking, I know money is a factor and has meant clubs seem to choose European glory because of the money. But which is more important to you?

This year, I think Milan should concentrate on Serie A and forget about the champs league. We've already gone further than Juve and Inter in Europe, but Milan need to beat Juve to the title to insure their dominance. It's vital we beat Juve to it.
    6 games left, Juve ahead only on goal difference, only 2 goals being the difference. Still have to face eachother in the San Siro. Give some young lads a run against PSV.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Both. You have to be greedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Goal difference doesn't matter a monkey's in Italy, as you know. If they're level on points it goes to a play-off. I think Milan have a sqaud big enough to achieve success on both fronts, it's only 3 more matches in Europe and a relatively easy run-in in Serie A. Chances are it'll all come down to two matches, the home game against Juve and the CL final against Chelsea, so to deliberately sacrifice one competition would be insane, IMO.
    Besides, catching up to Real's European trophy haul should be easier than overtaking Juventus on the domestic front. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

What a pity!!! A 3 match suspension. Oh and:
    Galliani is both in charge of Milan and the head of the Lega Calcio, which includes the Disciplinary Commission that suspended Ibrahimovic.
    Maybe he knows how good Ibrahimovic is,and what threat he would be to their title hopes?
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent has blasted Internazionale following the suspension of the Juventus striker.
    The 23-year-old was cautioned in Juventus' 1-0 defeat at home to Inter, but has been handed an additional three-match suspension for a foul on Ivan Cordoba.
    The Swedish star's agent Mino Raiola believes Roberto Mancini's men were gunning for Ibrahimovic.
    "Zlatan is not happy," said Raiola.
    "They [Inter] wanted to take out Zlatan.
    "They know he is the best player for Juventus," he claimed.
    The Turin outfit have decided to appeal against the decision that would see Ibrahimovic miss crucial matches in his side's title battle with Milan.
    Ibrahimovic's career has been overshadowed by indiscipline on and off the field at previous clubs Ajax and Malmo.
    The Swedish international has since enjoyed a successful start to his Juventus career as well as only receiving four cautions in 32 Serie A appearances.
    Sky Sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

Excellent. Now we must rid Zambrotta....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I thought Inter were bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

Cianan2 wrote:
    I thought Inter were bad...

Btw, there were more scuffles in Italy last weekend. Livorno fans had a go at the riot police at the train station in Parma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

That doesn't surprise me. I used to work with a guy from Livorno, he said they had the biggest away support in Serie B (at that time) and rarely paid to get into away games as the number of them terrified the police and they always ordered the gates opened to let them in rather then face a riot.
    Livorno is apparently a big left-wing and communist port so they hate the likes of Lazio and AC who have "alleged" facist pasts. Looks like he was right!

As far as Domestic domination versus European Glory, a Team like AC have gotta be going for both, taking it easy in EC semi-finals is not an option for a team of their size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The domestic league is the most important to me .From a fans point of view you can not beat the banter and rivalries between fans in the League. Europe is the main goal for clubs mainly for financial reasons but you can not beat a close run League for excitment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

A little from Column A a little from Column B.

As a Liverpool fan, I want to see them win the league, because its been 15 years.

Having said that if Liverpool were winning leagues every other year I would love to see them lift the CL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Personally I'd much rather win the CL than the league. Also in Arsenal's case (as I'm a fan) I'd love them to lift the trophy after much domestic success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Both, but if it came down to picking one it would be the domestic league.
    It's a better reflection of your season if you can win the league, you could just go on a good run in Europe. Look at Liverpool, doing well in Europe but pretty poor in the league by their standards. I'd much prefer for them to win the PL than the CL.
    Same with Barca, was disappointed when they were knocked out of the CL but what I really care about is La Liga. As long as they win that I'll be more than happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Who'd be happier?
    Liverpool won the CL this year?
    Chelsea won the PM this year?

Chelsea would kinda pale in comparision if Liverpool won

I remember when United won in 1999, the Premiership was great, as it always is, but the CL was just absolutly unreal, unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

il take either very gladly , for **** sake i'd even take the League Cup :eek: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Big Ears wrote:
    il take either very gladly , for **** sake i'd even take the League Cup :eek: .
    Lol, what trophy starved club do you support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think it's pretty obvious after today which Rafa prefers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Gangsta wrote:
    Lol, what trophy starved club do you support?

H's a Magpie, Nuff said.

Advertisement