Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logical DB Design

Options
  • 22-04-2005 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I'm doing up my FYP (final year project) report for college and a section in it is i have to include the logical database design. Is there a website or a free graphics program i can get to do it because i know if i try do it in MS Paint or MS Word i know ill end up throwing the monitor out the window. im sure you all know how user friendly these programs are, esp word!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'd to draw up a few LDMs and process maps a few weeks ago. The program I used was SmartDraw 6. It's fairly easy to use. The 30 day trial only allows 3 prints though. Even so, you can copy into word/paint/photoshop/etc. Remember to leave a bit of space at the end of the image (put some empty boxes at the end that you can crop off later) as the program puts it's logo in the bottom right corner of the trial version.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

nice one robert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Hi Hoochiemamma

I teach logical database design to my 3rd year degree students.

have a look here http://www.esm.jp/jude-web/en/index.html its Open Source and powerful and the full version is FREE!!!

This AlphaSoft package is also very good... there is a full version available for 30 days on trial here...
    http://alphasoftware.com/products/a5v5/overview.asp?REFCODE=ALPHGoogleAds

Good luck with the project...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

If it's just a simple design, then OpenOffice has a simple, but nice, vector drawing thingy. Alternatively, you could try a UML tool.

Advertisement